1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MyGrade100, Mar 19, 2021.

1. MyGrade100

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came out to my mom in January 27, 2021. Mom loved it so much to hear me say that. However I just been at a lost trying to find that social connection to let anyone else know as well. I don't know what to do.

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC.

Congratulations on coming out and it is great that it went well.

COVID certainly is making it more difficult. At least there are people here who you can connect with. Real life connections will probably have to wait.

MyGrade100 likes this.
  3. MyGrade100

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @QuietPeace thank you so much. This means a lot to me. Do you know if there is going to be like a virtual pride parade event? Or you are not sure. It's okay. I am just happily wondering.

4. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do not know of a virtual pride event but that does not mean that there will not be one somewhere in the world. In fact there are probably organizations what have continued to meet online through various sorts of chat. The thing is that I live in a pretty small out of the way place so here there is not one (and real life pride has been canceled now for two years). Another thing is that I do not have any social media or use any sort of video chat so I would not know of one if there was one.

MyGrade100 likes this.
  5. MyGrade100

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @QuietPeace
    Oh okay thank you for letting me know. I haven't used social media I a long while either. My first ever using video calling was on that day. I did ask in another chat room just in case you wasn't sure. I do appreciate the information. Thank you so much

6. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    MyGrade100.....Hello again! Coming out to people is tough to begin with, but does get easier as time goes by. There are some people that you just know will be accepting and are pretty easy to tell...others are harder. One of the most exciting, wonderful people that I came out to was a former student that I had known was gay when he was in high school (I was his teacher). I hadn't seen him in a while and ran into him in a store when he was visiting home for a few days. We saw each other, said hello and gave hugs and then out of nowhere I came out to him. Just like that! :old_big_grin: I was as shocked as he was but we both gave each other hugs and immediately started to cry. It was pretty special and we still talk about it! There are just some people that you know will be on your side. I hope you find those people and the others will also get easier as time goes by!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

#6 quebec, Mar 20, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    MyGrade100 likes this.
  7. MyGrade100

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @quebec thank you so much. The story is beautiful thank you for inspiring me. I think in due time it will get better for me. Thank you so much what you said helped a lot and I appreciate it so much:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::pray::pray::pray:

8. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    MyGrade100.....I'm glad that anything I've said was helpful. I came out first here on Empty Closets and the people here helped me so very much. Now it's my turn to do my best to help others. I know that, as you say, "in due time" it will get better! :old_smile:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

MyGrade100 likes this.