1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my mom and...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Sota, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Sota

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out to my mom yesterday. I can't say she is supportive bcs she isn't but at least she doesn't hate me or something. I told her i never felt like a girl but she just kept talking that i'm too young (i'm 16) and that it's puberty that causes me to be confused altrought i told her that i always imagined myself as a boy even before puberty. She kept saying that even she preffered playing with boys when she was young, loved sports etc... She didn't let me explain that it isn't like that. She said we need to seek for help bcs it's not normal to be with a girl in a relationship. She didn't let me explain that sexuality and gender identity are not the same. She even told me "it's because you don't get your period on time, maybe hormones are a lil messed that's because you think that" like wtf... :disappointed: I don't know what to do now. I feel like an idiot for feeling this way. She doesn't know what i'm going trought and she would never understand if i told her that i'm feeling realy uncomfotable expecialy in school... I don't like beeing a girl. It's soo hard for me. Sometimes i feel like it'd be easier just to be dead. :frowning2:

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry your mom doesn't see you as her son. If you haven't already, I think getting an appointment with a therapist would be a good place to start for both yourself and you mom. You will need one to start HRT anyway if you choose to go that route. I think if the therapist acknowledges that you are male, your mom might come around hearing it from a "professional".

Good luck with you mom, I hope everything goes well.

#2 Hawk, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  3. Alex916

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so sorry she dismissed you like that! You're certainly not an idiot for feeling that way, or for feeling any way. She's going to need time to adjust, unfortunately. I like the therapy idea, a professional opinion can sometimes make people listen. If your mom is a reader, you might point her towards some resources for parents of trans teens. I hope your mom comes around soon, and I hope you keep coping with it while she's figuring things out.

In the meantime, as your Trans Elder, I bestow upon you these facts: You are perfectly okay to not feel like a girl, and I (and many others here) accept you as you are! You are not alone in this. I'm sorry you are going through it. Know that there are good things on the other side. There's a lifetime of happiness and many accepting friends in your future, and you deserve all the happiness and accepting friends in the world.

4. Majorelle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally support. My mom is the same way. I identify as a girl and love a girl, and truthfully I officially came out two days ago to my parents. My mom shamed me for joining my school's LGBT club, and I ran away crying. I was really disappointed in her, but the next day my best friend told me that she would always have my back, and I was really glad to have her. Being human is a beautiful thing and I support your love! I also hope that your mom realizes that she should accept you for who you are!