1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my brother and sister in law!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AfraidandAlone, Jul 1, 2017.

1. AfraidandAlone

First off I want to apologize for my long absence. For any one worried I am ok, have just been busy and dealing with a lot (And being stupid avoiding one of the places I should have been more...)

But now for why I am posting this... I actually managed to come out to my brother and sister in law today (Well technically yesterday lol it is after midnight after all lol). It was probably the most frightening thing I have done. I would rather be charged by a grizzly bear again (Yes I have been charged by an angry grizzly mama bear) then be that anxious and afraid.

While I wasn't too sure what to expect, I had a feeling they would respond fairly well. I was more worried about questions like are you sure? What I got instead I couldn't have ever dreamed of, and was far beyond any thing I could have hoped for. All they wanted to know is how they could help, and be supportive of me and nothing would change the fact that they loved me and are there for me.

I'm still having a hard time believing it all, I keep reading the conversation on facebook messenger. Lately I have been having a very hard time with dysphoria, but today with their response, I can't remember ever being so happy, or experiencing so many different emotions.

I also plan on making an appointment with either my family Dr, or psychiatrist to see of there are any therapists or psychiatrists that specialize, or have experience dealing with transgender people. (Sorry it was such a long read)

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations AfraidandAlone!:thumbsup: That took a lot of courage, as you know! I'm so happy that you got such a wonderful response from them!:slight_smile:

Now you have real-life family to support you with this! (Maybe you'll want to update your username, since you are no longer "Alone"?)

#2 Quantumreality, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations. I'm glad it went so well.

4. AfraidandAlone

Thank you, it's the most amazing feeling ever. It makes it even better because I have been having a very hard time lately. I could have never hoped for such acceptance. Also yes I kind of want to change my name, just don't know what too.

5. LadyLikeDream

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Good for you you managed to do it your own, this can be a big one for most trans, depends on the family, Congratulation