1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to Best Friend and Crush. Now what??!!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Southpaw, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Southpaw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I met him a few years ago with my job. I kinda fell for him straight off the bat. I got a strong sense he was gay and also many signs he liked me but was too shy or in denial to act on that. Biggest sign is his eye contact with me. Meantime he's had a girlfriend on and off for a few years. They recently spit again. She apparently decided it wasn't working out.

The gayness shines out of him and everything about his personality,
    Background and mannerisms seems to back that up. Recently a few people said to me they thought he might be gay or at the very least doesn't know what he is.

Due to certain circumstances I recently came out to him as bi. I didn't tell him I like him because we are good buds and I'm worried about ruining that bond. I thought coming out might help him too if he is closeted or questioning.

However. I have always felt he is "the one". I want to make sure that I don't mess things up. It could be my only chance for true love.

Day after I came out to him - during which he was supportive but didn't suggest he might be gay or bi too - we were working together away from home and had to share a hotel bed. We have done this previously. During the night he definitely moved closer to me while he was awake or trying to get to sleep. I did the same. Our legs and arms touched a bit at one point. By morning he was turned toward me exposing his chest and with his leg
    out of the bed covers showing his thigh and ass - wearing boxers though. He had a smile on his face while sleeping. I moved closer to him again so we cloud hear each other breathing. It was beautiful.

So nothing happened past that. He hasn't come out to me but some of those people who are gay and suspect he is too have told me they think he will come out soon. At the moment he is saying he is straight. His new image, hairstyle and mannerisms seem to go against this though.

It felt in bed like he was waiting for me to make a move.

How can I progress this? One friend said I should try to kiss him. What if he reacts badly? He could freak out and our friendship would be done surely.

He has been supportive in me coming out. He also knows he is the first person I have told. I don't wanna scare him off or pressure him with more questions about his sexuality.

But what if all it takes is for me to be bold and make the next move when we are in a private setting again ?

Any other ideas on what I could do to advance things?

In the meantime i am gonna keep him updated on my coming out process as he has shown some support (although I admit that support is somewhat lacking in depth. He just says it's all cool and me I'll be fine coming out. Seems like if he was straight and my
    Friend he would maybe be a lot more verbose ?

2. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Um, well, the only the thing I can recommend is more touching in a semi-suggestive way, like putting your fingers so they touch his wrist when stand by him or sit together and such.

Southpaw likes this.
  3. Southpaw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks. Funny thing is he used to do that to me a lot. Sit right next to me so our shoulders touch etc. But yeah maybe I should be more handsy? Maybe he feels he has given enough hints and I have to make the bigger move. Ugh. Of course I could be wrong. He could be straight. But I think most gay people would think he was also gay straight away if they met him but also if they got to know him.

4. RedTrekkie95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi Southpaw, there seem to be a lot of signs that he is closeted and into you. I agree that it would be good to return those signs by making some subtle gestures, such as hand touching. However, it would be best to get this out in the open with him, because you'll get more attached to him which will lead to immense disappointment if he turns out to be straight. If you don't feel ready, then bring it up in a conversation with him that you really like him, and see where it goes from there. That's my two pence. Take care.

Southpaw likes this.
  5. Southpaw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Three years now since I met him. I thought he was gay straight away. Now he finally seems to be showing more obvious signs - even though he maintains he is straight at the moment. I don't think it's any coincidence that his girlfriend broke up with him for the 2nd or 3rd time.

Maybe this is the final part of his denial before he does a 360. I have heard about that happening with other people who *everybody* "knows" is gay but they strongly maintain otherwise and take to liking lots of girls' social media photos or whatever only to finally admit what everyone knew all along.

But yes I feel I need to do SOMETHING to help that process. I just don't wanna freak him out or ruin our friendship. And I wanna be there to help him too without him feeling like a liar for not already coming out to me after I came out to him.