1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out on facebook

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by backdrop, Jul 29, 2017.

1. backdrop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have some Good news today . I came out on 3:40 PM on 7/28. I felt scared of the backlash, but with all the likes I felt happier and more confident . I still have an urge to hide things about my personal life , but I hope that baby steps can help make it a fruition for me . Very very blessed ^.^.

My only problem is that my grandparents will find out . I am very worried about that as they are overly religious , but they do not have an internet presence so I feel perfectly safe in doing it this way, but they could figure it out one way or another . That is what I am truly worried about .

overall , Really hope everything goes well for the future . In honesty feel like a happier man for it ,

Edit : whoops did not see the comming out stories section of the forum . If its ok can a mod move it there ? thanks and sorry ^_^:;;

#1 backdrop, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations backdrop!:thumbsup: That took a lot of courage! I'm very glad that you got a very positive overall response!:slight_smile:

I hope things go well for you with your grandparents, as well. Do you think that you might want to act preemptively and Come Out to them directly rather than wait around for someone to tell them?

backdrop likes this.
  3. backdrop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would not recommend it sadly . my grandfather wrote a book stating that homosexuality is an abomination to god . Its sad that I had to hide it from them , but they are so out in their ways its just rediculous

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry to hear that.:frowning2: You may end up being rejected by them, then. However, sometimes when someone is that homophobic, just actually having an LGBTQ family member can get them to start rethinking their views. You never really can know in advance, unfortunately.

mattblack likes this.
  5. FluffyLightFox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    First off : congrats! For some people it's really scary to let that kind of informations out in the digital open, and a lot of people want to see the reaction on people's faces when they come out to them. If that's your case, then you did a job twice harder. Otherwise, well, you're still out.

Baby steps help with things like that, slowly opening up until you're fully comfortable in relating with others and asserting yourself.

6. backdrop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks very much . It made me feel free to be me and I am just ecstatic to have a new chapter on life :slight_smile:.

Facebook to me is alot easier to me than in person . Less confrontation . So far , friends and family have been accepting and it worked out flawlessly . Wish I was a bit more tounge and cheek tho but eh XD.