1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out ftm to straight boyfriend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Harvey Noises, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Harvey Noises

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, I came out to my boyfriend a while ago, maybe a month or two, I'm not good with passage of time at all really.. but at first he was really tentative and shit off as expected.
    I let it slip, and he was confused and worried so at the end of the day I talked to him and he shut down almost. He definitely wasn't ready, and neither was I, but it had happened.
    Now he's very supportive and he's calling me the correct pronouns, or trying to, and it's amazing. He's helping me as I get closer to inevitably telling my parents and I feel that it may happen sometime soon that I tell them.
    But my boyfriend was raised very religiously and he was taught that it was wrong. He was taught it was wrong to be gay or to be trans or to be any part of lgbtq+, and I was very worried about it. He told me this and that while he had reservations, he would try to be supportive, and he's come a long way in this past month or two, again not good with passage of time. We've been dating for about 10 months almost and I had come out to myself during the midst of our relationship. He could tell something was wrong because I wouldn't talk to him about it, I would always call it a "me problem".
    Now we go through it together and he helps a lot

#1 Harvey Noises, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    BiDragon and Twist like this.
  2. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats! I hope he contunues to take it as well as he has, and good luck with your parents! May the Force be with you.

Harvey Noises likes this.
  3. Harvey Noises

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out to my mom, it went half as well as i hoped. But heck yeah, I'm good with her. She told me not to rush into labeling myself, I know I haven't, but she supports me.

BiDragon likes this.
  4. BiDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’m happy for you! I hope your boyfriend continues to be a supportive chap and you don’t need to break up because of family/religious/etc problems. He seems like a great guy.