1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c o n f u s i o n

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by emH2SO4, Jun 14, 2019.

1. emH2SO4

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi! This is my first time posting on an online forum so I apologize for any awkwardness that may ensue!!

I can't seem to figure out what it means to be attracted to someone. I think I've had a crush on this boy for about a year now- but I can't picture kissing him, or anything physical like that. I got so desperate to see if I was crushing or not that I went ahead and took online quizes (yes I am clueless that way). I know I get really happy during the rare moments I talk to him, and I think his personality is adorable- but still there isn't anything physical about it. So I've been wondering, is it still a crush if I don't like the idea of being physical?

Aaand while I've been contemplating that, something else has been lingering in my mind and it's been confusing me for a while. I don't think I'm straight?

As of a few months ago, I gave some more time to adress my feelings, and I think I like someone else (which freaks me out because I've always been a one-crush-at-a-time kind of person).
    We are really good friends, and I trust her a lot. Certain things she says makes my heart flutter and I find her personality to be amazing. We've had several late night conversations and even if I'm tired or don't have much to say- I still want to be there with her. I found these feelings to be really similar to how I felt about the boy (maybe stronger? But that could be because we're close friends)- so once again I took to the internet. I still don't like the idea of anything physical with either of them, the furthest I think I'd go would be hugging or holding hands.

Do crushes need to have a physical aspect? Could I not be into physical things because I'm too young or I don't like myself enough to imagine dating? I'm sorry if my post wasn't very concise, I've never done this before and I'm kind of a jumbled mess haha.

To summarize,
    a) Do I have a crush on him?
    b) Do I have a crush on her??

2. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think a big question to ask yourself is what do you feel when you look at them? Do you think of one or both of them as being attractive even if you don't want to do anything physical with them at this time?