1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a Binder

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by kobra kid, Jul 1, 2016.

1. kobra kid

So I'm looking to get a binder, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice to offer (what brands are good, which to steer clear of, tips on sizing or just anything I should know before I get one). Also, how can I order one online if I don't have a credit card? I don't want my parents to know.

2. vertical

vertical Guest

Personally I think GC2B is a good brand. I've heard good things about Underworks too, although I haven't tried them.

3. Delta

I've got 3 Half-tanks from GC2B, which I like a lot. They do exacerbate my back pain somewhat, but they feel good to wear and they look good.

Do NOT buy ANYTHING made by Ancient Fish King, which includes most of the binders on eBay and pretty much all binders under $15. They WILL hurt you and they will not be worth even their low price tag.

I haven't tried it with GC2B's website itself, but a lot of websites accept pre-paid Visa gift cards, which you can buy all over the place, grocery stores, dollar stores, electronic stores, etc. You buy one at a physical location, load it there (with cash) with however much it'll cost to get your binder (plus shipping), and then you can use that card, which won't have your name on it, at online retailers. Gets around the credit card issue pretty fast. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 1st Jul 2016 at 11:58 PM ----------

I just checked, yes, you can use a Visa gift card with GC2B. :slight_smile: You may need to set up a paypal account, though.