1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Burn Gay People Alive In Ovens, Russian "Scrubs" Star Says

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Aldrick, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Consequences from who, though? The majority of Russians support his views.

---------- Post added 28th Dec 2013 at 08:07 PM ----------

They mainly refuse to acknowledge he was gay.

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This one was one I stumbled on about famous Russians. Rudolf Nureyev. Read [1] - it's shocking, bizarre, and funny at the same time.

Rudolf Nureyev

This site is fascinating. It's way better than imdb, imo. I would think Moscow would be a reasonably liberal place, with an underground scene or district of sorts. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not particularly interested in Russia, anyway. Too cold, too expensive, and too far away.

3. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He probably wouldn't change his views if one of them was. My first girlfriend wasn't beaten, but she was sent to a conversion therapy "camp" where she was told it was better to be dead and straight, than alive and gay or lesbian. They were threatened with "corporal punishment" if they didn't follow the program, because they were told they weren't leaving until they were "cured". This was in the good 'ol USA.

When I came out to my parents at 22, my mother told my Dad it was all his fault, because he didn't beat me enough when I was younger. Although she and her church said people like me would burn in hell after I died, no one actually proposed burning me in an
    oven while alive, thank goodness.

I don't understand what the current Russian governments problem with the extremists Muslims is, they seem to have so much in common.

4. Beware Of You

What gets me about this person is the brutality of his beliefs. Its not like "cure the gays" or "put the gays to sleep" . He wants to burn us alive, it would be one of the worst ways to go, painful, kinda slow , in the dark, claustrophobic

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought you might be interested...

Reading these and other headlines on this persecution and recognizing certain patterns (from the bizarre, as this truly is, to the cruel), I found scanned newspaper headlines from 1938-39 (the immediate years before WW2) on the worsening situation for Jews in Germany and Austria, among other places:

Historical Archives: Holocust News Articles

You really do get a sense of the worsening as 1939 is ending, but also of how informed people were of the situation, yet very little was done...Shamefully, in Canada at the time, when Jewish refugees were desperately seeking asylum, a high level immigration agent stated: "None is too many".

Remember also that homosexuals were equally persecuted in Germany at the time.

6. Littlehawk98

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okhlobystin's proctologist called, they found his head.