1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brother/Mom issues

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Midori, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Midori

Out Status:
    Some people
    So this morning my brother and I got into an argument. Near the ending of the argument (we were talking about gender) my brother and mom both said that there's only male, female transgender and hermaphrodites. I said "What about genderfluid and agender, etc.?" My mom and brother both said they didn't exist and that it isn't real. I started crying on the way to school from that and I broke down crying when I told my friend. I'm scared of what my mom will ask when I get home..I really do dislike my family a lot.

2. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. My parents are terribly homophobic, and my younger brothers don't understand it as such but mirror their opinions, and when they were particularly homophobic or said nasty things, I'd end up having breakdowns at school. In fact, at one point it got so bad that I started having panic attacks, and I still have them sometimes.

I think one thing that's important to understand is that they are flat out wrong. Your gender, my gender and everyone's gender is real. They just don't understand it, like my parents don't understand it. And I know how frustrating it is, because they don't want to understand either. And half the time, it makes me hate my family too.

I'm just holding out on the hope that some day my family consists of my girlfriend and a few cats that either fully understand and accept my gender or have no concept of gender at all because they're cats. Some day things are going to be better, and until then, I'm here to talk if you want to :slight_smile:

Sometimes families are the biggest pricks ever, frankly. But their opinions aren't going to affect you forever xXx