1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Break Through

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by 13Matthias, Feb 3, 2018.

1. 13Matthias

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey there, Matt here. Wanted to say a big thanks to everyone for supporting me so far. Imma post about something good that happened to me recently. :slight_smile:

It started off with my tutor at school. Long story short, I came out to her, and she took it super well. She has started using the correct name and pronouns almost immediately, and I know they are probably trained for this kinda thing but I’m happy. Others in my tutor got a bit confused needless to say but I explained and after a few questions they got it. :slight_smile:

All of the friends I’m out have used my preferred name a lot more recently, so I think they are getting a hang of it.

Finally, I came out to a few people in the large boy group in my year (they are more the nerds rather than the jocks tho). They also took it super well. They did call me Kevin for a solid week (as in Kevin Bacon because of my last name) but then called me Matt.

I’m feeling more confident and happy with myself due to all this so yeah :slight_smile:

BradThePug, Mihael and Elisten like this.
  2. Elisten

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's great, congratulations!

13Matthias likes this.