1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Brazilian elections happening today

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Chiroptera, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today, we are voting for the new president of Brazil. We still have around 3 more hours to go until the time is up for voting.

Most of the LGBT+ community hopes that Lula, our old president, comes back and defeats Bolson@ro, the fascist currently in power. The initial data from the pools shows that Lula may win today, without the need for a second round of voting.

Please root for us! The current person in power was responsible for the delay of vaccines (and, thus, also responsible for thousands of deaths that could have been avoided) and the rise of violence. He mocked COVID-19 victims and openly attacks women, black and LGBT+ people and defends the return of the military dictatorship. He won't go down quietly, but he needs to be stopped today.

2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish you all the best and hope lots of people vote for Lula. Large voter turnout here can often be good for progressive candidates, is that the same in Brazil? I hope Lula will be able to do something to stop rainforest destruction too.

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks! Yeah, I hope we can elect many progressive candidates this time!

There are some good politicians for other lesser offices that are focused on defending the forests, so I'm hopeful!

4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How is this going? I heard you must do another election?