1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brain cure vs. Body cure?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RainbowGreen, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kind of sad that parents want their children to be what they want them to be instead of letting the children be what THEY want to be.

I was enrolled in baseball and all that other junk. I didn't hate it out of a boy girl thing but that it was boring as hell and I always rode the bench because I sucked.

I did however in high school start want to express different clothing choices and such but being a school with a dress code I couldn't.

In college I had more freedom but that point sort of I was terrified that I didn't want to be gay. But as time went on I just felt like I had some more feminine interests like hello kitty or wanting to cross play or even try to pass in public (I've done that once or twice excluding parties).

The point is it took me a while to be comfortable with myself. I hear what you are saying.

I'm happy being male. Would I rather have been born female? Probably but I don't hate myself when I look in the mirror. I know I'm babbling but I'll reiterate these:

1.) Parents usually force kids into a mold. Sometimes it's just to expose them to a wide variety of things but that doesn't always mean it's for noble purposes. I'm sorry your parents and so many others were so oppressive. My parents aren't too bad but I try to correct my mom when she says "that's so gay". My dad doesn't do that and if I ever told him about some of my desires (Which I don't need to) he might be accepting.

2.) Self discovery takes a long time. True happiness is a journey. It's too bad now everyone assists on the journey.

Hang in there.

2. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

I knew you'd have some encouraging words. Thanks. Btw ... Sorry if that seems like a pity party. It just got me thinking, and a little worked up.

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No pity parties. That just brings you down.

However you are seeking empathy which is always good and we are here for you.

4. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Just got out of therapy. She says that, while I do need to account for my Wife's feelings, I also have to take care of mine. I have to feel mine and not disregard them. Same as you're just saying. Thanks, brother!