1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#BoyTroubles

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Makaio1, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Makaio1

Hi Guys,

First off, I would like to thank EC for all the support leading up to and since I have come out the closet. Believe me, it really does GET BETTER. :kiss:

Since I have come out of the closet, I have experienced a lot of things and for the first time in my life, I finally feel comfortable with myself. However, the problem of just coming out is that this 'relationship'/'meeting people' thing is super complicated. :frowning2:

So, backstory...

I met this guy at a house party. We were acquaintances before and have the same group of friends. I was a lil' tipsy and he was super drunk and I've liked him for a while so I just went for it. We flirted and we hit it off....

The next day, he wanted to talk to me about the events of the night before and I agreed. He said he would be in touch but he never text me...the next day I text him and this is what he said...

yeah sorry i've just been super busy. first i wanted to say thanks for walking me home as I probably wouldn't have made it without you haha

And that was all he text me... weird huh? Then I text him back and was like...

So is there a second to that first? And he replied...

Hey sorry to keep you hangin...second haha I had a good time on saturday and I hope you did too...you seem like a really fun guy and I wanna get to know you better but I also don't want to rush into anything before winter break. whether or not there is something to be rushed into is of course also up to how you feel about me and what happened so yeah...what do you think?

I replied with a similar reply...and we ended it there. we haven't been in touch with eachother since and this was 5 days ago...

BUT, I just found out tonight that he has sent the EXACT SAME TEXT to my friend 6 months earlier and nothing happened...

Should I be worried?! What are your thoughts? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

(&&&)

2. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well base on what he texted your friend 6 months ago it isn't likely he wants to go further. To back it up, he did say he didn't want to rush into things so you might not want to put all your hopes up onto this guy. Ask him out for a casual thing to get to know him more. See if he's interested in meeting you first and see how it goes from there. I wish you the best of luck.

3. Benjaminba78

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't worry about it, give him time it probably hard for to figure what going in his own life, so just give it time he will come around

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What is there to be worried about? Nothing has happened yet.

Like he said he wants to get to know you better before rushing into anything, sounds sensible.

So ask him to go for coffee get together and talk, see where things go from there. Don't worry until there is something to worry about.