1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boyfriend Obnoxiously Persistant

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Polterpup, May 28, 2014.

1. Polterpup

Alrighty, so I've been trying to figure out a way to tell my boyfriend that I'm gay, but in the meantime he's been harassing me about what's wrong. I guess I'm acting differently, but I can't really help it. I don't even really notice it. I've told him that I need some time to think about certain things because, ya know, telling someone you love that you're only attracted to the same sex is hard, but he's actually getting really pissy with me because I "can't let him in". Does anyone have any advice for me, please?

2. Rumpletubb

Either you have a deep talk about how you need time alone or Why you need it.
    The sooner you tell him, the better. The longer you keep this bottled up, the more both of you will get hurt.

For how long has this been going on?
    If my girlfriend suddenly wanted to be left alone I would, sooner or later, want an answer.

He is probably scared of loosing you and is getting desperate.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why are you still in a romantic relationship with him? That is the fundamental question you should ask yourself.

I'm all for not coming out until you're ready, but you have a commitment to him if you want to still keep calling him your boyfriend. You are basically stringing him along when he could be out looking for someone who can reciprocate his feelings. That's unfair. If you can't come out, then try telling him you need a break for personal reasons that have nothing to do with him.

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

You really should consider leaving the relationship and finding someone who you'll be happier with.

5. Hyaline

Seems like the "I need to tell my BF I am gay" is basically a "I like girls and you aren't a girl so ummm yeah".

So you might be at a crossroads where you need to decide if you want to tell him or not... or just break up with him and no say anything. After all, relationships sometimes just don't work out.