1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boy Scouts to admit girls into programs

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by sakura86, May 29, 2018.

1. sakura86

sakura86 Banned

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/354944-boy-scouts-to-admit-girls-into-programs

"The organization’s board of directors unanimously voted to let girls into the Cub Scout program and create a program for older girls to allow them to become Eagle Scouts, their highest rank, the group said in a release.

Girls will be allowed to join the Cub Scouts in 2018, and the program for Eagle Scouts is projected to begin in 2019, according to the release. Cub Scout dens will each remain single-gender, either all-girls or all-boys."

I think this is a really good idea and am glad to see they will finally allow anyone to join the main program (There's been a side program called venture scouts for a while now that allowed boys and girls to join). As an Eagle Scout myself, I applaud them for allowing everybody to have the same opportunities that I've had. The only thing is that now it shouldn't really be called "Boy Scouts" anymore since it's not exclusive to boys.

2. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm happy this is happening. But as someone who is also for equality, boys should be allowed into Girl Scouts then too, or it's kind of pointless. Or disband both organizations and create a new, gender-neutral Scout organization that includes everyone. It makes no sense that one group can include both and the other only includes one.

Just as long as they keep selling cookies and popcorn...

#2 BothWaysSecret, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  3. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I find the whole gender segregated thing to be ridiculous. What is this, 1950? We should have just a "Scouts of America" and let boys and girls join, wear whatever uniform style they feel most comfortable in, and all participate in whatever activities they want. That to me is the solution to being inclusive.

4. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Then it’s clearly not the Boy Scouts anymore. It’s obviously their choice and it’s none of my business, but I don’t see a problem with a private organization being solely of one gender. People are free to congregate as they wish. If they wanted a gender neutral organization they should have started one. Not everything has to be a social justice battle

5. D Artagnan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Why is this in Fun and Games??? And this is like OOOOLLLLDDDD news!!!!

6. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not sure. Probably just a mistake. It should be in news, I agree. But this is still a fairly new thing, it only was announced this year I believe.

7. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Where I live the boy and girl scouts don't do different things to begin with. Hmmm.

I agree they should let go of the gender segragation thing and make one scouting.