1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Boston bombing: one suspect dead, one on run

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by PinkFluff, Apr 19, 2013.

1. PinkFluff

2. BrokenWings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He's just a suspect for God's sake! Even if he was guilty how on EARTH could anyone claim that death is good? We have no right to claim someone else's life, no matter how evil their actions were.

3. PinkFluff

A police officer was shot dead and they returned fire. I don't think he is innocent.

Then again, I thought the bombings were domestic terrorism, so what do I know?

4. eatsleepclimb

My town's on lockdown. It's been pretty crazy.

5. BrokenWings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Doesn't matter, everyone is innocent until proven guilty. It's just wrong to make baseless claims like that.

6. Harve

I was quite young, but I remember the whole school hostage thing - what would two Chechens have against the USA?

7. sguyc

Dude, get a grip. This fucker set out to murder the people of Boston, he planted bombs all over the city and blew 20 peoples legs off. Then executed a police officer.

---------- Post added 19th Apr 2013 at 11:26 AM ----------

It doesn't seem to be directly connect to their Chechen heritage, or if it is it is a personal perversion of whatever values Chechens hold.

8. Hexagon

My immediate reaction when my father mentioned this to me was "what, they didn't even want to capture and torture him?"

Sorry, but the US has something of a reputation for torture, fair or not.

Its a shame more people had to die.

9. BrokenWings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, can you PROVE he did it? Until there's an actual trial everything you say is speculation. This is exactly the type of misrepresentation that causes the most problems.

10. Emberstone

the footage of him dropping off the 2nd bomb at the race finish line, the footage of him robbing the convience store last night, the fact that he was involved in a shootout with police, and were throwing bombs at them last night... I think we have built a fairly good case against him.

11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We might not be able to prove that he did the bombing, but he did put countless police officers lives as risk. He killed a police officer. This is plenty of justification for using deadly force. It's not like they just walked up and shot the guy because they thought he was the terrorist.

12. Zontar

I'm sorry, but that's what you get when you shoot at cops. You can't expect cops to put their own lives in danger just to apprehend a criminal who is threatening their immediate safety.

Chechnya is predominately muslim. I actually just learned this today. Although my suspicion is still a secular attention-seeking brat ala Adam Lanza.

#12 Zontar, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  13. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    From what has been said about them, they don't seem like the kind of people to do it. I wonder if they were coerced in some way into doing it?

14. Aldrick

The fact that he was killed was his own fault. He led the police on a high speed chase, was throwing grenades and bombs out the window, then engaged in a gun battle with police as he proceeded to charge them while an IED was strapped to his chest.

I think at the moment you start throwing grenades and bombs at the police, and then engage in a gun battle with them that you've pretty much removed all innocence. I was awake last night watching it happen live and listening to people who witnessed what happened (who were skyping with the news). This was before everyone knew they were the bombing suspects.

They -WANT- to capture them alive. They're dying because they're endangering people's lives and seem to have the goal of killing themselves. (As evidence by the fact he charged the police while firing a gun with an IED strapped to his chest.) If the younger brother wants to live all he has to do is peacefully turn himself in; the goal is to get him alive, not kill him. Getting them alive is preferred because there is the fear that others might be involved.

#14 Aldrick, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  15. Emberstone

that is meaningless.

you cant judge a person's inner motives based on their outward apperence.

Many monsters seem socialable on the outside. History is riddled with people who are pleasent, but deep down, they are evil. it is not uncommon to have people say that the suspect always seemed like a nice person; infact, that is more common a sentiment than that a person was cruel.

besides, practically everyone who is talking about having known them are always saying they had no contact with them for 3-6 years. alot can change about a person in that time.

and yet, the authorities have photographic evidence of suspect #2 dropping off the bomb at the 2nd explosion site, and they have confirmed bombs at the suspects apartment.

the photographic evidence of him dropping off the second bomb is one thing, the robbing of the convience store on camara is another, the murder of the police officer is a third, the carjacking and hostage taking is a forth, the forcing of the hostage to clean out his bank accounts, and the taking of that money is a fifth, the shootout is a sixth, the throwing of bombs is a seventh, and the discovery of pressure cooker bombs dropped by the suspects is an eigth.

it is statistically untenable that he is innocent. there cannot be that many coninsedences; it is astronomically so improbable.

16. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually I was judging their motives based on the accounts given by friends and relatives of their day to day behavior. They were not social outcasts as is often the case.

17. Emberstone

the family members who have spoken, along with friends are nearly all saying that they had no contact with the suspects for years...

AND THE SUSPECTS WERE CAUGHT WITH THE SAME TYPES OF BOMBS AS THE ONES USED AT THE BOMBING OF THE MARATHON FINISH LINE.

people need to stop trying to find a holes for the suspects to weasle out of.

the authorities have footage of Dzothar dropping off one of the bombs before it exploded.

I dont think people understand what 'innocent untill proven guilty' actually means. it doesnt mean you are considered innocent, it means that you cannot be permanently detained until you have been proven guilty. it means you have the right to a trial. your innocence is not believed, you just have a chance to prove it in court.

18. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was never saying that they weren't guilty of the bombings, I totally agree that they are. I was only musing as to why two young men who, by the accounts of those around them would have no reason to do such a thing, would decide to do such a thing.

19. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The Boston PD have cornered someone who is thought to be the second suspect in a boat in the back yard of a house. They fired shots. A reporter stated that he heard mention of a "body" over an officer's radio. People in neighboring houses are being evacuated.

20. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's pretty shocking watching this even from a distance on tv - they've unleashed the full fury of America's police and FBI forces... Why the hell they were still in Massachusetts days after their attacks is something I'm curious to hear answered. Just severely underestimated the abilities of law enforcement to track them down?

The potential of explosives would seem to be the only leverage left for the suspect. He's ridiculously outgunned otherwise....