1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body image

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Yeahyeah2, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Yeahyeah2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A person I don’t have any communication with anymore just contacted me to ask me how I was. He said he saw a picture of me and that I looked too skinny and he wanted to know if I was ok.
    The thing is that I already have body image issues. I feel I’m too fat and I don’t like how I look. So now he comes and tell me I’m too skinny; I cannot possible take that as a good thing since he says he thought I was having issues. So he is basically saying: you don’t look good and your weight is awful.
    Ugh, I hate that. It’s like he is just making fun of me. Now I feel ashamed of my body even more.

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeahyeah2.....Have you thought of seeing a therapist about this? Sometimes you just have to have another person help you to see that you are good just the way you are. Sometimes we just don't have the internal strength to understand how to work through problems that we face. Think about it...talking to a therapist sure did help me! :old_smile:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

Kyrielles likes this.