1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue Collar Gay Guys?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DontMatter, Sep 4, 2020.

1. DontMatter

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My first post... Hi...

How do we come about finding blue collar gay guys? I know that might sound weird but I'm talking the guys who like muscle cars, turning wrenches, boating, speed, and crap like that? Gay clubs are just not my scene, and dating and friendship apps yields nothing that I'm really interested in. I dream of a guy who has the same passion about being a grease monkey, or getting fish guts all over himself because he's cutting bait on the back of the boat or spearing a big snapper over in the Bahamas..

I think calling them Blue Collar isn't even the right term to use. It just feels right. I imagine there are a group of some sorts where these straight-acting "mans man" are.

And don't get me wrong... I've got nothing against more flamboyant types of guys. They're just not my cup of tea. Nothing wrong at all wanting to be GQ as F and sporting LGBTQ stickers with flags on your car. I'm happy they are out there because it takes all types. And honestly they're the ones who normally step forward and voice their opinions about gay rights in general. Same with Lesbians who like to be dressing more masculine. It is what is is- really.

So enough rambling, bottom line is I'm curious where them straight acting dudes are that have like minded hobbies.

Hope this doesn't offend anyone.. Just putting it out there. I love you all to death so take care.

-K

#1 DontMatter, Sep 4, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2020
  2. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    <- is bi but likes all that stuff. So there has to be more than two of us lol

3. DontMatter

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    what if there isnt though! :slight_smile:

4. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I very much doubt that out of the billions of men in the world there are only two who are both interested in other men and have somewhat stereotypical type hobby interests.

I believe that the Venn diagram of men who could be attracted to other men along with men who like stereotypical interests must have a decent size overlap. Where the difficulty lies is that those men who have stereotypical interests are likely also very affected by the compulsory heteronormativity in society. Thus it is probable that a high percentage of the type of men that you are looking for are in the closet. What you need is to find a way for that type of men to safely explore out of the closet. Could you form a meetup group or something on social media where it might be easier for those men to explore who they are?

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quite a few guys in the bear community would probably fit the bill, just depends if you are into bears.

6. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know quite a few guys who would fit that description, and to be honest I wouldn't, so my odds of finding them are probably quite a bit lower than yours. The difference probably is that I know a LOT of gay guys--and frankly a lot of gay guys who also know a lot of gay guys. Get out there and meet people; you'll find them.

7. Gutterpunk

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im nonbinary but im toric, and i used to work as a welder at a machine shop. I also build circle track stock cars as a side job

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It wasn't that clear whether you were looking to hang out with someone like that or get into a relationship with someone like that. There's a blue collar fetish and sometimes they only like other blue collar guys. It sounds like you fit that requirement.

I'd say the type you describe makes up for a bigger segment of the bisexual male population than the gay male population. The gay male population is more visible. I don't know if bisexual men is something you'd consider because they may have another relationship going.

I can see how the apps and the bars would be quantity over quality if they've disappointed you before. But at least you get to preview someone. Try the gym or hobby groups when those become more available.

Go with your instinct. You might get into a chat with someone you hit it off with. If they're single, you don't know where that can go. Looks are deceiving. Good luck.

9. RD Spencer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sort of fit this with my type of interest, A job in the trades, like to work on cars and home improvement. Like to spent time out in the woods.
    But personality wise I am no bro, I have a fem side that I am tired of hiding so I tend to connect better with easier going guys and women.

10. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Easier going guys are easier to connect with than blue collar guys with a larger than life macho chip, and it wouldn't even matter what their sexuality is. I think the reason it's easy to connect with women, though I wouldn't want to stack my deck of friends with them, is that they can talk about more things than most men can.

I'm betting there are blue collar guys who like these different things people have mentioned and who are also easy going guys instead of bad asses 24/7. That would get old.

11. RD Spencer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people

A part of it might be the high competitiveness/ too much to prove mentality. A lot of guys push for a higher status and seem to have a fragile ego where any sign of femininity shatters it. For instance none of these guys would dare admit to liking anything that would be considered chick music. I made the mistake of saying I liked a song by Elle King, a big party foul apparently and was questioned on way any guy would like any pop song. Although I wounder how anybody can like any sports that involves a ball.

I have noticed that even with common interest (like cars or our line of work) we are just not on the same page.

The ability to connect with people like this is slow and limited for me. We get along ok and BS at work but hanging out outside of work doesn’t happen.

Not all blue collar guys are like this but it seems to be more prevalent, also blue collar work tends to have more of the old timer/older generation mentality.

In high school and my early 20s it didn’t seem so bad. I had more male friends than female but still more female friends than most guys. These days with my own family (wife and kids) I end up talking with other parents and again talking with other moms is much easier than with other dads.