1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual women on lesbian dating sites?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by anna96, May 15, 2017.

1. anna96

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I need some lesbian women's perspectives on this one. Is it okay for bisexual/pansexual/queer women to be on a "lesbian" dating site? This is a question and debate I have seen on other forums and I question it myself. Would it be catfish or inappropriate for a woman who is into other women but doesn't identify as lesbian to be on a lesbian dating site? I am soon to be 18, bisexual and thinking of trying online dating if I don't have luck with girls in real life. There aren't a lot of girls at my school my age who are interested in girls and I'm not sure what it will be like when I start college. I've heard some lesbian women are picky about dating a bisexual/pansexual/queer woman if she has been with men before.

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't see the problem as long as you are honest. I mean, lesbian dating sites are to meet girls, and sometimes that's what bi women are looking for.

3. LonerGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I identify as bisexual & have used lesbian dating sites before. I'm still a woman seeking another women & that's what lesbian sites specialize in. However in my profile I state that I've only been in relationships with men/recently realised I am bi. If anyone browsing my profile is uncomfortable with that they can scroll on.

4. Pinstripe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I haven't tested many woman only sites, but the ones I have have just been women-specific, not lesbian specific. There's still a place to enter your orientation just like on a general dating site. Even if the site didn't have that feature, I think it's fine so long as you put it in your profile somewhere.

5. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm disappointed about how many lesbians say "no bisexuals" in their ads.

6. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think "lesbian dating sites" aren't actually made just for lesbians but is simply a title used to indicate that this website has been created exclusively for women looking to date other women.

As a bisexual who prefer women but have been with men in the past, I do not feel like I am catfishing anyone when I join one of those apps. I am not ashamed of my sexuality and I am, indeed, looking to date other women. Women who are willing to write me off simply because of my sexuality aren't women I would be into and want to date anyway, so that's no big deal to me.

Biphobia is a thing and I have seen it in those apps, but like I said, you wouldn't want to date someone who isn't ready to accept you for who you are and love you for you as a person and not your "gold-star lesbian-like" sexual history.

I have personally met more bisexuals on those apps than actual lesbians and the few lesbians that I have talked to on those apps were always very accepting as they fully grasped that someone's morals have very little to do with their sexual preferences.
    Give it a go. You have nothing to lose and people who want to judge you, will anyway so go on and test the waters, you never know what may happen. :slight_smile:

Good luck. x

7. Sawyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Short answer: yes it is more than okay.

Personally, as a lesbian myself, I look for women who like women, and that encompasses a lot of terms under LGBTQ or how people identify.

A catfish is usually a man pretending to be a woman. Or you'll even find couples looking for a third. Some are experimenting...others not sure about their sexual orientation.

Don't miss an opportunity to join a dating site because some lesbians think cheating is exclusive to women who like men as well. It's a terrible mindset and bi phobic and just plain idiocy.