1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual who only wants to date women?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Love4Ever, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It doesn't help I like exclusively feminine men. Most guys I truly liked in real life rather than fantasy were guys who were gay. I've often said a bi man would be my ideal man, because obviously a gay man wouldn't want to date me but I don't really like straight men that much.

Yazzisabs likes this.
  2. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same here. I'm digging all the more artsy and bi guys available :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#22 Mihael, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Love4Ever likes this.
  3. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel similar to the point where I have thought about changing labels and have started to wonder if I am even bi at all and if my "attraction' to men is/ever was sexual and not just esthetic.

Since very early years I used to prefer girls/women over boys/men but mentally convinced myself I was straight and that attraction to guys would come and I have been attracted to men enough to have sex with them but it was always disappointing and there was always a part of me wishing I was with a girl insead. I have never dated men though, never had any interest in that and while I happily go on dates with women I have always always talked myself out of dates with men even ones who were technically my type and great on papers. It's been 4 years since I have came out and exclusively seek out women and it feels so right and I am much more excited about life and the prospect of a relationship now than when I identified as straight. The only thing holding me back from calling myself gay is the fact that at some point in my life I felt enough attraction to men to have sex with them, and while I wonder if it wasn't due to self-inflicted homophobia and the will to fit in etc.... I just don't want to take the risk to misuse the label. As it stands now though, I don't really plan on ever being involved with men on any type of romantic or sexual level again.

4. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    See, the thing for me is my attraction to men is not forced. It arose completely independently of what people expected of me. I never felt like I was faking it or doing it to fit in. I really felt this way and I still do. It's there and never going away. It's just ASIDE from the sexual feelings in real life I have yet to experience anything more than that. And women are just extremely fascinating to me right now because for years I never really even considered them. And I have always been super choosy with men. It just seems that finding a compatible woman would be easier than finding a compatible man.

5. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why did you go out with those guys? Because they asked you out or because you were attracted to them? I also fantasized my whole life about men (due to internalized biphobia in my case), now my attraction to men and women comes in cycles, I think it has something to do with my menstruation cycle. I also am not able to connect with a lot of men but when I do, it's always a very deep connection.

#25 Lexa, Sep 20, 2018
    Love4Ever likes this.
  6. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I have actually never been on a proper date. One guy just flirted with me a bunch but I wasn't attracted to him, so I avoided him and don't see him anymore. The other was a guy who was friendly with me and we went places together a few times platonically. But despite the fact they weren't real dates, it was my first exposure to being out with a guy because I never had male friends growing up. And I didn't really like it. Other than play flirting I didn't feel anything deep. Afterward I thought about how much fun I could have had if I had been with someone like my close female friend instead.

7. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a continuation of my previous post. I will answer your last post in another post. I can only have that deep connection with feminine men though. I don't think it's the result of childhood trauma although in my case it could be. My father is a very dominant and controlling man. It's just that I don't really believe that childhood trauma can alter your taste in men.

#27 Lexa, Sep 20, 2018
  8. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, so in that case, how do you know it wouldn't work out with a guy you were genuinely attracted to?

I didn't date guys who were interested in me, I asked the guys out I was interested in :slight_smile: . I recommend trying to date a guy you are actually sexually attracted to. Just see how that goes. I don't connect with many men either. There are not a lot of feminine men and unfortunately a lot of them are hiding their feminity well because of social expectations.

#28 Lexa, Sep 20, 2018
    Love4Ever likes this.
  9. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I completely agree. I will not date a man again until I actually like him. I have never met a man I'm attracted to yet. But if I do I will reevaluate.

Mihael likes this.
  10. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My area does not have the kind of men I like. I am hoping my school will have some nice guys.

11. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh ok. I think I should add that contrary to you I did feel attraction to feminine men from a young age. I was totally into my hairdresser when I was a kid and head over heels in love with a boy in my teenage years. That was definitely genuine attraction. I would have had sex with him the first time I went on a date with him if it had been possible. Unfortunately for me he turned out to be gay. But he was my first kiss and my best kiss ever :slight_smile: .

#31 Lexa, Sep 20, 2018
    Love4Ever likes this.
  12. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Besides the earth moving, the stars exploding, the goosebumps and blushing, it's no biggie.

Dotwork, Drizzle and Love4Ever like this.
  13. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe it can and does affect you. I was bullied by a larger blond guy when I was a kid. As a bisexual, I won't even consider being in any situation where it feels like a guy that looks like that would "dominate" me. I get actually repulsed by the idea of sex with a guy like that. I was bullied not sexually abused.

My wife's brother beat her up and she cannot be around guys that look like him...

Early childhood experiences matter...a lot. My favorite aunt and great aunt are/were both gay. I have always had this comfort with lesbians (my sister's partner made me an "honorary lesbian")

I think a lot of us look to be around, or look to get away from, people that remind is of those in our past.

14. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh, I have liked feminine men from a young age. Maybe I didn't explain that very well. I love feminine men a lot. Though most are sadly gay.

15. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds lovely. :slight_smile:

16. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Nickw It know it does affect me, it's just that I don't think it affects my taste in men, although it's possible. But my attraction feels very genuine. I wasn't sexually abused but I know I was physically restrained against my will at least once. He tried to physically control me (next to all the other attempts to control me). And he succeeded because he was way stronger than me. It was definitely traumatic and I know it has an influence on me, on my relationships and on my sex life (I have to feel like I can get away all the time so some positions are a no go). I'm seeing a psychologist to help me with this.

#36 Lexa, Sep 20, 2018
  17. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am so sorry this happened to you. Men can be such asshats.

I sometimes wonder why all women aren't gay.

18. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am in a similar situation. I am attracted to women a bit more than men and tend to find hanging out with them is more fulfilling, although i still enjoy hanging out with guys mainly cuz they like all the geeky stuff im into which the girls tend to not understand.

But when i think of being in a relationship being with a woman seems more appealing. I tend to be attracted to feminine guys or really buff guys, but hey who can resist a rock hard set of abs, either in a guy or girl they are sexy.

Anyways when i think about doing romantic things like kissing i usually envision a woman except for the time I had a crush on a trans guy.

For me the label of being bisexual just felt right. For now im not going to worry about it too much, i haven't even been on a date with anyone yet, and identifying as bi is a lot easier for other people to understand than trying to describe this to everyone I have to come out to. In the end they are just labels, i might add more or they might change. But for now i feel comfortable identifying as bisexual. And I know for sure that i am attracted to both so it is atleast a place to start.

Love4Ever likes this.
  19. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I relate to this a lot!

CosmicWolf likes this.
  20. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is nice to find someone who can relate!

Love4Ever likes this.