1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual - Want a Biological Child but Better w/ Women?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Starwind78, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Starwind78

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am bisexual, and I'm not sure now if I prefer men or women more. However, my attraction to men is problematic. As I have described in a previous thread months back, I overwhelmingly prefer older men (~30s,40s). Speaking with a therapist and finally owning up to problems I had as a child, this isn't a harmless preference. It is a result of mistreatment by my father and other authority figures in my childhood. Why this pattern exists but isn't as strong with women is a mystery to me. The only thing I can think of is that older men are considered more attractive by convention.

Based on this information and my apparent inability to be attracted to men my age (23), I reason that it would be better for me to just embrace my sexual attraction to women.

However, I am having trouble letting go of the idea I built up in my head over many years of me getting married to a man and having children. While artificial insemination from a sperm donor should be acceptable to me, the idea of some guy I don't know fathering my baby really bothers me. Honestly, the idea actually makes me cry, even when I consider that they have very extensive profiles of the men nowadays.

Compounding (and definitely contributing to) this problem is the fact that I'm still not out to anyone but my friends, most of whom are safely out of state and away from my family.

I can't tell if this is me making excuses trying to avoid coming out or if this is really a genuine concern I have.

Has anybody else been here? Usually people worry about how people will react and I do, but this is really tearing me up and I feel stuck.

#1 Starwind78, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  2. Lindsey23

Try not to think so far ahead. At 23 you have many childbearing years ahead of you. You don't need to plan out your whole life right now. Go ahead and date women but don't go into it looking for a life partner. Just look to have fun with a good companion. Look for a healthy relationship and enjoy it. As you date and grow and gain more experiences in life you may find that your views change and it may be easier to let go of some of the things you think are supposed to happen in your life.

3. Quen

I'm not sure how helpful you may find this, but you do not have to use a random stranger as a sperm donor. You could just as easily ask a close friend, one you currently have or someone you may meet in the future. Admittedly, you would have to have a complicated conversation, and you two would have to sort out what kind of relationship he would have with your child, but it does give you another potential option.

4. cakepiecookie

I don't think you really can or should try to plan out your attractions based on external factors like that. Try to keep an open mind and let yourself just love who you love. You can cross other bridges when you get there.