1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual question

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MissCurious, Jun 26, 2016.

1. MissCurious

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey guys, I have a question.

I am 18 and a female and up to this point I have always been with guys. I have been in a relationship with a guy before, but it was nothing but sexual even when I thought I loved him. I couldn't help, but wonder if I was into girls. I have always wondered what it would be like to be with one, but I don't know how to find out since I live in a religious state. What should I do? It's all I can think about lately.

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my question :icon_bigg

2. katey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey :slight_smile:
    Obviously i dont know your situation in terms of what you can do due to living in a religious state, but i think the besy way to know is experimentation with other women. If this is not possible, and i know this is lame, but maybe you could try things like tests online (e.g. the Kinsey scale). I think that since your curiosity about women is already there, its good to explore. Alternatively, maybe if you made a thread about how you feel about women specifically and in more detail, the people on this site might be able to help you discover your orientation :slight_smile: i hope this helps :grin:

3. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well...what do women do for you?

How do you react (internally) to the thought of kissing a woman?
    ...to the thought of exploring her body?
    ...to the thought of sexual exploration?
    ...to the thought of bringing her to orgasm (or vice versa)?
    ...to the thought of living with a woman as a partner?

If the answer to most of this is "ugh...yuck!", then you probably aren't into women. If the answer to any of these is "holy shit, yeah, where do I sign?", then it's probably worth considering.

4. FreedomSeeker

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You're young, go out there and experiment. Post an ad online or go to a lesbian bar and find some girls you can makeout with. Seriously, you only live once. I plan to experiment also to make sure what I'm feeling is real.

5. mirkku

FreedomSeeker, I agree with your comment, however OP is 18 in the USA, isn't it illegal to drink before 21 there or something? :grin: Not that I'd condemn or anything. To quote Jason Todd reacting to Tim Drake telling him "Jason, I'm sixteen [it's illegal for me to drink]": "It's Gotham". Well life's like Gotham. Anyway.

MissCurious, get out there, get flirtatious with open lesbians, and enjoy! :slight_smile:
    Pro tip // "no smoke without fire" reminder: if you think that maybe perhaps you're attracted at least a little who knows a bit anyway to the same sex, chances are very high this doubt comes from something. That something is a right place, so enjoy the feeling, your youth, and the freedom. (*hug*)

6. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Just a tip before you explore more: don't start looking at random people on the street and try to see if you're attracted to them. That really doesn't help, I've tried:slight_smile: Because you're probably not going to be attracted to most people anyway so seeing if you could be on random people won't really help.

Maybe see also if there's a LGBT+ club you could join, if that would be possible for you to do. Good luck though! Also, kind of a given, but just make sure if you're experimenting that you let the person know you're experimenting.

7. FreedomSeeker

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You have a very good point. :lol: I should have probably considered that. Sorry, I don't talk to many 18 year olds. LOL Okay, skip the bar, and...well, just meet some hot women and have fun. Don't stress. There are lots of religious people in Utah but they don't have the power to stop your fun. :icon_bigg

8. MissCurious

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you all for helping me and giving me great advice. This helps a lot. I truly appreciated.