1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual- deciding who to date and why

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by mariebmcd, Mar 21, 2013.

1. mariebmcd

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone,
    I've posted a few times on here so y'all might recognize my name. Over the course of the past few months I came out to myself and bicurious. I am finding it difficult to build connections with women because, similar to one of the other recent posters, I am more of a femme type. I am an assuming bicurious/bisexual female. I have trouble labeling myself because I am really not sure for sure (you know?). Definitely curious, seems like the one girl I had potential with has drifted, in interest at least, we are still close friends but no longer have strange sexual undertones governing our every move.

Anyways, let me cut to the chase... I recently started taking to a male coworker whom I find very attractive and I am interested in. We went on one date but I am hopeful for more interaction as we continue to see one another. My biggest concern is that by persuing this relationship I may be missing out on an opportunity to date or talk with women. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to overcome or decide when timing is right? Or should I just let nature takes its course and stop trying to be concerned with this?

2. Bree

Let nature take its course. If you're attracted to someone, why does it matter what gender they are? By starting a relationship with ANYONE, you are missing out on any opportunity to date anyone else. If everyone worried about that, no one would ever date at all. The only thing you should be worried about is if you feel you will not be fulfilled if you do not date a woman at some point...because if this relationship becomes long-term, you will destroy it down the road.

3. Purplefrog

Purplefrog Guest

I agree with Bree, you should date who you are attracted to. But... myself at the moment, I only want to date women as I feel like I've deprived myself of love with a woman all these years as have been mainly in denial. For this reason I'm testing out online lesbian dating.

4. Ianthe

Presuming that you are only questioning whether you are interested in women, and not whether you are interested in men, you should go ahead and pursue whatever relationship comes your way.

If you think there is a possibility that you won't be satisfied without a relationship with a woman, you should probably pursue that, and clear up the concern. It wouldn't be good if you were to have a relationship with a man and only figure out after a decade or so that you are really a lesbian, and now you have to go through a divorce and all that.

But if you are genuinely sexually attracted to the man you are talking about, that should not be a problem.