1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual and marriages

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Jakebusman, Nov 29, 2018.

1. UMedusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Perhaps they see you as a time bomb, like one day you will fall for the other gender and it will all collapse, no matter what.
    Or, if they aren't worried about that, perhaps they should be. Like, unless you are trying to escape the entire relationship, it's not really a valid thing, so bringing it up seems like some sort of relationship sabotage. It's so difficult to understand. People pick it apart like you're layered and damaged, but really you are simply 2 sides of the same coin. I love that description @LaneyM

LaneyM likes this.
  2. searchin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My husband has taken my recent openness about my bisexuality better than I thought and even proposed I explore it a bit on my own if I want. I have always wanted to be honest with him and although it has been an emotional roller coaster I think being open is better than lying. Him and I have discussed ground rules if it happens but I know I’m not there yet. Main point you have to find something that works for you and involves communication with all parties.

3. searchin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always grew up with this notion that monogamy was the only way and now I am trying to redefine things between me and my husband. I now know that after being married seven years people change and change is hard but necessary for true happiness.

4. L8bloomer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Geez, I can identify with so many things on this thread. I’ve always identified as bi and had sexual experiences with a woman when I was younger, then I married my husband and settled down. Then reunited with the same woman last year and it was just incredible. One way to describe it is the scene in the Wizard of Oz when they go from black and white to color... like wow, I didn’t even realize this world existed and it’s amazing! Anyway...sadly, that ended, but now I’m questioning if I’m bi or lesbian. And I feel caught between two worlds and I don’t fit in with either fully. And I am starting to resent my husband for “keeping me” from being with a woman, and that he knows what I’m going through but really does not understand and never will :frowning2:

5. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So sorry you're going through this

L8bloomer likes this.
  6. nerdbrain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For what it's worth, I've heard this exact analogy used many times in coming out stories.

L8bloomer likes this.