1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Birth control pill problems

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mihael, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, the new (mini) pill has no side effects at all. Biology is weird. Win?

Shorthaul and QuietPeace like this.
  2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Great news, congratulations! That sure sounds like a win to me.

I also am not surprised. I have been prescribed many medications that were supposed to help me only to find that they caused problems.

Mihael likes this.
  3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm honestly very surprised, I don't feel like I'm taking a med at all. But phew, that was a ride.

4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My doctor said that she would recommend the mini pill to trans masculine folks, because it doesn't have feminising and antiandrogenic effects, and every pill with estrogen does. But I guess everyone's body is different and medication needs individual approach. There are lots of transmasculine folks who take birth control with estrogen and feel fine, right? Disclaimer: my doctor has my treatment history and all blood work results and ultrasounds, my gender wasn't the only factor why she suggested this particular medication, when we discussed it.

5. Laurette

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wore a Paragard for 26 years, and swore by it. I really wanted a Mirena, to curtail periods, but since I'm a smoker, my gynecologist talked me out of it. It was truly worry-free sex, which was welcome after having two pill-babies back to back. There were, however, thre gye negatives. First, the insertion, as well as the 10-year reinsertions were PAINFUL! But this pain quickly passed. To help, I charged up on Ibuprofen before hand, and I had the insertions done while I was menstruating, when the cervix was naturally dilated. Second, my periods were extremely heavy, and for the first few month, violently heavy, as if my body was trying to expel the IUD. And third, my husband at the time would sometimes hit the strings when we had intercourse. Let's just say that he was, quite, BIG! We solved this by waiting a few months after the insertion, then going back to my gynecologist and had her trim the strings. Between the insertion and the trimming, he'd wear penis spacers, to limit penetration. Up until earlier this year, I was wondering if menopause was going to kick in first, or if I was going to have to endure another insertion. But my coming out took care of that curiosity. During my annual visit, my gynecologist reminded me that I was due another reinsertion in four years. Seeing I no longer needed an IUD, I asked her to go ahead and remove it. Which my partner saw as a sign of commitment to her, and really appreciated.