1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biphobic Irony

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sweldon, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Sweldon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is more of a petty situation than something serious, but I wanted to get it out of my system to people who might relate.

In June of 2018, I finally decided after 7 years of being in the closet to come out as bisexual. I made a coming-out post on Facebook. Most people took it well, except for my mother.

My mother told me to remove my facebook status because I had a "boyfriend" and said it was "perverted" and "innapropriate" to post stuff like that, even though I didn't disclose anything about my sex life (which I'm a virgin for the record). And the final straw is that "your boyfriend's mom would be sad if she knew that"

Anyway, I put "boyfriend" in massive quotes because my partner is actually AMAB Bigender. He goes by any pronouns and his gender presentation tends to be either very masculine, or very feminine. He is also bisexual.

So my mom was telling me not to be out and proud about myself with my bisexuality that I resented for years and I was finally able to disclose, masking it with the excuse of me being in a "Straight relationship" even though my partner perfectly fills my love for both men and women, and is also bisexual to add insult to injury.

I hope this isn't triggering to anyone. I just wanted to get that off my chest.