1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binders

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Exoskeleton, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Exoskeleton

So, up until a couple of days ago I didn't know that garments specifically designed to conceal breasts were even a thing. Now that I know they are, though, I really want one and want to know how to go about it.

I've fished around the internet for a little and stumbled into a few problems.

For one, how exactly do binders work and what are all these different types about?

Secondly, what can I really expect out of a binder? They sound too good to be true, especially for me. I'm a DD cup (or a DDD, depending on the manufacturer). If I'm remembering correctly, my bust measurement is like 47 inches. Will a binder conceal these things, or just make them a little smaller?

And lastly, where can I get one that will fit and what's the general price range?

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They're basically compression garments, and mostly look like tank tops or crop tops. Sort of like those compression underwear you get to flatten your stomach, but stronger.

I'm a similar chest size to you, and a binder doesn't get me flat, but it reduces my chest a lot. If I wear it with one or two sports bras that are too small underneath, that helps.

3. nikom87

They mostly have to be purchased online. A company called Underworks sells some that are pretty popular. They seem to be in the US$30 to US$100 price range depending on where you buy them. Like Maddy said, they won't enable a larger chest to get completely flat, but you can always layer shirts and what not. Also, I like to remind myself that no one's chest is totally flat anyway. People have muscle and tissue there regardless.

They aren't usually what you'd call comfortable, and its not a good idea to wear them too long at a time (<8 hours). They are safer than ace bandages though, and compress better than a sports bra by itself.

4. Exoskeleton

Thanks, guys.