1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binder Tank Full/Half

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Verklighet, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Verklighet

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What are the benefits of wearing
    a full tank? I saw a video in my YouTube Recommended
    and a man was wearing one (a full tank) to go swimming
    and I thought that was pretty smart. I like that.
    I understand it's all of personal choice, but is that binder going
    to slide up and fold on your stomach? Or will it stay smooth
    down your whole torso?

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first binder was a full length gc2b binder. It was alright at first, but being skin tight it was also annoying sometimes and would ride up. Eventually I cut the bottom half off and it was way more comfortable and breathable. The next two gc2b binders I got were half tanks and I've been really happy with those. It's really a matter of preference, but personally I would say the half tank is more comfortable and breathable.

If you're using it for swimming though you may want to go with the full tank. But in my experience regular binders are not the best for swimming as they can chaff your skin and they are restrictive on your motion and breathing. So if you're doing any strenuous swimming or competitive stroke styles you're going to want to buy a binding swimsuit. This one is excellent, if you are interested.

3. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a full length gc2b and I tuck it into my trousers and it doesn’t ride up at all. I can’t be doing with things not being the full length so I know I couldn’t wear a half tank. Apparently full tanks are better for a larger chest as well and help flatten your stomach a bit if you’re overweight.

BradThePug likes this.
  4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have used both full length and tank binders. When I first started to bind, i used a half tank binder. I then switched to a full tank binder because I had put on some weight and the half take was not comfortable. I tuck the binder into my pants and it keeps it from riding up.