1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binder Giveaway Programs??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by shu, Aug 7, 2015.

1. shu

shu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a pre-everything trans man, and a minor living with unsupporting parents, to say the least. I really really need a binder, my old one was cheap and has given me scars on my torso and eventually broke.

Having a good binder is important to me rn because not passing is contributing to me relapsing with anorexia in an attempt to change my body.......

so... is there any way to get a binder? Like links to any programs or charities? I don't have any money...

2. randomconnorcon

I used a UK based charity called MORF - BINDER SCHEME - MORF

All you pay is shipping (£3 UK, £5 Europe, £7 rest of world - I think). Their catalogue for August is probably gone, but if you email they'll put you on a list for September's catalogue. But you have to be quick, when you get it on the first of the month, because it's first come first serve, so you might not get the binder you want first (they ask for an alternative). They're the only one I've used that I've been able to afford (well, my dad paid it, but he didn't know what it was), and the only one I've found that I've actually been able to use because many are US only. But if you google, you can find a few other binder giveaways.

I hope this helps at all.

#2 randomconnorcon, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  3. thepandaboss

There was the Big Brother binder program but it seems to have gone defunct. I don't know where you're based but if you can maybe give me an idea of your home country, that'd help.

You also might want to try YouTube, Tumblr, or other blogging sites. Some guys may organize small scale donation programs.

I would also recommend, in the meantime, you try to save up. I think my binder, plus shipping, retailed for about $30 USD. I know $30 can be a lot of money especially when you don't have much of an income but do what you can. Is there a way you can get a part-time job or do some odd-jobs for people?

Also, maybe consider a (safe!) low-cost alternative. Hudson's Guide has a few ideas. A lot of these are just some things you can do in the meantime to help while you wait for a real binder but I would recommend as an alternative to potentially dangerous methods.

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are people on tumblr and Youtube who have giveaways and binder exchange programs for those in need. I know Point5CC has giveaways, but I don't know if they're on back order.