1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi, gay, or trans?????

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by dylangoelz, Mar 16, 2011.

1. dylangoelz

dylangoelz Guest

Well i have had the looming thought of becoming transgender for years now and I kinda am thinking that its what im meant to do but im not sure I wanna be loved but im not too sure by whom yet.....my family will reject me i tried talking to them about it and they changed the subject and everytime someone makes fun of a transgender at a party or something they all look at me....i dont know i need help to either forget this or initialize the process I hate being on the fence...all advice is welcome. Also i would also like to make this a help forum topic for everyone who needs it

#1 dylangoelz, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2011
  2. maverick

I suggest you seek out a gender therapist and talk to him/her about it. If you contact your local GBLT support network, they can probably point you in the right direction.

The sentence "I want to be loved but I'm not sure by whom yet" doesn't really suggest transgenderism to me. Being trans isn't a sexual/romantic orientation (who you want to be loved by doesn't even come into play) it's an innate personal identity. So it has nothing to do with who you're attracted to.

But the fact that it is something you've thought about for years means it's something that's probably worth pursuing in some kind of counselling. Barring that for practical or financial reasons, you could always just educate yourself more about transgenderism (through the Net or library) and see how much of it is relatable to your life.

3. dylangoelz

dylangoelz Guest

Thank you and yes i dont have a viable means of income so the internet of free online support groups would be what im looking for and what would you suggest as an online resource that would be a good first stop

4. dylangoelz

dylangoelz Guest

ok well ive kinda decided that trans would be a bad decision so i think bi would be the best area for me right now