1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best and worst dates

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lin1, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thought we could have some light-hearted thread and so out of curiosity, what were your best and worst dates and why? and are you still dating your best date?

2. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This post has made me realize I've never had a magical or heavily romantic date. Lol. With that being said I would say that my best/favorite date was just a simple date of dinner and a movie. It was special to me because it was with the first girl I was brave enough to ask on a date and I had a major crush on her at the time, it went really well. And yes we are still a couple.
    As for bad dates I have had numerous. The first bad date that comes to mind was when I was a freshman in h.s. and it was sort of a blind date. My friends had set me up with a boy and it was horrible. I remember meeting up with everyone at the theater and as soon as I saw him I wanted to melt into the floor. I rejected numerous hand touches while watching the movie and unfortunately for him had to reject his attempt at a kiss. And the worst date overall was when I was 19. I had been in an 8 month relationship with a boy (nothing sexual). We had dinner, went bowling, and ended up at a house party. I had been wanting to end the relationship for awhile, so with the courage of a lot of alcohol I broke up with him. Lol. I vaguely recall standing in the kitchen he came in for a kiss and I pushed him back and said no. I then proceeded to tell him that I didn't want a relationship anymore as I explained I couldn't be with someone who killed animals (he liked to go hunting) and I told him his fingernails were dirty sometimes and I didnt like that. Some friends said I said some other harsh things but I don't fully recall. Lol. In response he called me a lesbian, which I mean guess he was right. That was probably the worst date.

So what are your best and worst dates? Can't make a post like this and not answer your own question. Lol

3. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha the break up story sounds intense but hey glad your very first date with a woman was also your best and you are still dating, congrats!
    (how long have you been dating for?)

My worst date was with a girl who happened to have the same name as me. I had to stop and think about whether or not that would be problematic but figured I should give it a shot. Met up with her and within 10 minutes of meeting her she was already acting like we were a couple , holding my hand and taking a bunch of pictures of us, she then confessed she lied about her age and was quite a bit younger than what she had initially said but that she knew I wouldn't mind ??? (I 100% minded!) and the next day she tried to steal my job and I found through my boss that she had a boyfriend. Good times.

My best date had more to do with connection than anything. I had just gone back from a bad date, and for some reason I decided to check my dating apps (normally bad dates would make me want to take a break) and go through the list of matches I had had but never talked to (quite a lot as I am lazy). I picked a girl I had matched with months prior but never talked to and thought she would never reply but she did and we had some really interesting conversation, so I asked her out the next day. We went to a bar at around 7pm and ended up leaving at 6am when the bar was closing, we had the most mind-blowing conversation ever, I never connected so deeply and quickly with another human being and I am not sure I ever will. We aren't together due to some specific circumstances but I don't think anyone will ever fully beat that date.

Though recently I have met a girl at an event and we had an awesome date on Xmas eve, bar hopping and visiting the Xmas market, it was lovely and I was/am really into her and it was probably the deepest I have connected with someone since that other girl. She doesn't live nearby though which is a bummer. But I would put it as a close 2nd for best date for sure!

4. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So we've been together for a little over 8 years now, but lately things haven't been going so well, lol. But it happens.

And your worst date does sound horrible. Lol. I've always been weary of people who are overly clingy especially in the beginning of the relationship, so definitely a first date, lol. Pretty hilarious she shared the same name as you though, and tried to steal your job. Lol, some people are horrible.

And your best date sounds like the type of date people dream of having. I feel like it's super difficult to find people to have long interesting conversations with, especially until 6 a.m. Sorry to hear you're not in that relationship anymore though, but maybe it'll work out with your close 2nd best date and more will come.

5. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    8 years, that's impressive! Sorry to hear things aren't going too well, though I think it's to be expected, 8 years is a long time and lots of growth happens in that time, I also think there is more pressure when it's your first proper relationship. Hope you work things out though, or if you don't that your part way amicably, whatever works best :slight_smile:

I now laugh at my worst date, she definitely was full of red flags and now make for a funny story.

Finding someone to have deep meaningful conversation with, has definitely been the hardest, it's like most people are content with platitudes and superficial conversations, but those absolutely bore me to death. Good thing I enjoy the fun of being single!

We'll see about 2nd best date, I low-key hope it works out but also I have never been a LDR type of girl so it's complicated. We shall see though. We still talk everyday which doesn't make it any easier. haha

6. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Worst Date: I was in (an insanely unhealthy) fwb with my closest friend of 10+ years. He was leaving for college in a few days, we planned one last hurrah with a picnic in the woods. I had just finished making us a fancy lunch and lavender-lemonade and was just about to head out and he texted me saying he wasn't going to go, and was going to stay home to clean. No apology or anything.

(Although tbh its kinda a tie with this girl who on our first date kept making jokes about killing me and was rude to an elderly person asking for help)

Best date
    was a corn maze. It was when I'd just started dating this guy, and everything felt so new and amazing. Just getting to run around around a field holding hands with him felt mind blowing. I tried to kiss him at one point and he withdrew just as our lips were about to touch. After the maze we got woodfire pizza, and took backroads back to his place. Parked in his driveway we said our goodbyes then he pulled me across the console for like the best kiss ever. It's tradition for us to go every year now, this year was our fourth cornmaze together :slight_smile:

#6 Batman, Jan 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  7. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Worst date: A guy who barely spoke English, was over an hour late, had no job and no money so I had to pay for both our food and drinks, and he didn't smile once the whole time. It was a cold, wet, miserable night in Winter, and I cut the date short by saying I had to go meet some friends.

Best date: A guy who barely spoke English, it was a hot Summer afternoon, we met up in town and I took him to visit some local historical sites and nature trails, we had lunch and did a tour of a castle and went back to the place where he was staying to have sex. It was nice, we didn't need to have deep conversation, we just enjoyed each other's company. He went back to his home country, so we didn't end up in a relationship, but we do stay in touch and chat online now and then.

8. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't really have a story of a good or bad date, but I just wanted to share something about this thread that I found funny. As I was browsing this forum and found this thread just now it said there were 6 replies, 66 views, and the last poster was Devil Dave (the number 666 is supposed to be a sign of the devil). Spooky weird.

#8 LaurenSkye, Jan 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  9. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Best date is a tie between; a day spent out in my 4x4 truck up in the mountains exploring or an amazing buffet a car show and go karts.

I don't really have a worst date, a few lame or meh dates but nothing extraordinarily terrible.

10. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. 8 years is a long time, but it actually doesn't seem that long. And we have both definitely grown over those 8 years, for the better. We've just kinda grown enough to realize what we desire and want to pursue in life and it's just a complete opposite thing. And some other things, but that's all too much to post about. Lol. But yeah, whatever happens I think we'll both be fine.

Anyways yes! Your worst date definitely showed some red flags, lol, and definitely makes for a funny story, and that wasn't even the entire story in detail.

I agree fully finding someone who can actually have a deep meaningful conversation is apparently rare, or at least where I'm from. Lol. I too cannot stand fake, pointless, irrelevant, or repetitive conversation, it's like I'm thinking the entire time, "please shut up", or "just get to the point." And oh my goodness my life has become a boring conversation. Lol. I hate hearing about the same things over and over or things I do not care about at all. Honestly some people are so boring it's like even if they're right in my face talking I'm not even hearing them. Lol.

And as for your 2nd best date it sounds like you're definitely interested so I hope it all turns out good for ya! And I feel ya on ldr, life gets lonely. Lol. Especially when you're a faithful person in a relationship. And funny, the relationship I'm currently in was long distance for like the first year, until I moved back to my hometown. Not a huge distance though, maybe 150 miles give or take. We literally would talk almost everyday too, so who knows it could turn into an 8 year relationship before you know it. Lol. But hopefully it'll go better for you than mine. Haha. But seriously I hope all goes well for ya.

11. Regaen

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, firstly I'm asexual and aromantic. I'm also touch aversive and have social anxiety, especially in crowded places. Just cuz without that this might not make sense...

Worst Date: Before I knew I was asexual and aromantic, this guy, let's call him Vic, kept asking me out. Said we liked a lot of the same things (we did) and that it would be fun. Vic kept asking like clockwork every Friday for seven months. One day I heard his favorite cousin had died, felt sorry for him, and finally gave in. Now this was my first date. He said he was going to surprise me, to dress nice. So I wore a nice dress I wasn't entirely comfortable in, wearing shoes I hated, and had my hair done up. He shows up in his dad's pickup, and takes me to a metal concert. I'm in a nice dress, thinking maybe a nice dinner, he's headbanging like a loon. Well, I like Symphonic Metal which is not a bunch of screaming about serial murdering pancakes. Then when I've got the headache of my life, we get to go to a seafood restaurant (hate the smell of fish and allergic) where everyone in this nice, upscale place is staring at us. I fit in, he looked like an extra for Ozzy Osbourne. People were whispering behind us the whole time, my head was pounding and I wanted to go home. But it wasn't over yet- he takes me to see some movie about a creep clown doll and a serial killer who arranges weird traps for his victims. Theatre was packed. I was so uncomfortable, so annoyed that this guy thought our tastes were anything similar, I was literally sick. When the torture was over, he turns to me all happy and kisses me, just like that, no warning just bam tongue in my mouth. Never dated him again. Never talked to him again.

Best Date: my friend, let's call her Sage, came out to me as a lesbian. She wanted to know if she had a chance with me. I explained at that point what I thought I was, asexual, and she said if one date didn't change my mind she'd accept it with no hard feelings, even though I was her first love. I was flattered, so I agreed. Besides I thought at that time, why not try? I hadn't been with a girl. Maybe I was just against men. So, we had a nice picnic lunch in the park, talking about everything under the sun and laughing at the people walking by in coats thinking 65 was cold (desert state). Then we went to the library, played chess for an hour, got a few books then went to see Pirates of the Caribbean replaying at a tiny theater near her house. When she took me home she said she realized that the only difference between us being friends and girlfriends was the potential for sex, and she valued what we had too much to mess it up. We still talk at least once a week, though she moved out of state :slight_smile:

12. Chizu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Worst date - to describe it would be triggering to many on this forum.
    Best date - I can't remember much about the specifics, it was with an ex and it was when things were really heating up. I was filled with that whole "oh my god I'm actually going to have a boyfriend omg and he's so attractive blah blah blah" and it ended with us kissing in the pouring rain in a parking lot. I always thought kissing in the rain was just a cheesy thing in b-rated romance movies but it actually happened to me which added to who surreal feeling I had on that night.

13. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Worst Dates - All the dates in the first month I started online dating. I was catfished, stood up and treated like garbage on the first three of them. The rest weren't that great either, as I was naïve to social interaction, especially gay interaction and dating, so I missed signs and stuff easily. Plus it didn't help that most of the dates I went on, they expected me to take them back to my place (I made the mistake of mentioning I lived alone at that time) and have sex. I wasn't looking for sex. Oops! Ha ha ha.

Best Date - I went on a few absolutely wonderful dates with a wonderful guy I met at a mutual friend/acquaintance's christmas party. We went on dinner, long evening walks and long drives. He was perfect, but we mutually decided to break up when he moved away to another city. Long-distance relationships wouldn't work for us. :slight_smile:

14. Joeri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All my best dates were with the man I am with until today. :3 I don't think I had any bad dates, except for one where my ex broke up with me at 15 February. Yes, a day after Valentine's Day. Pff. During the Valentine's he's been actually ignoring me for the whole day and I haven't seen him nor have I heard from him, just to learn at this day he was involved with someone else. Oh well. Shit happens, I met someone million times better.