1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benefits of not masturbating

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edgy, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Jonathan

Alright, let's not have this thread get sidetracked. Just move on from what was previously said and stay on topic from here on out :slight_smile: .

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am not sure if this counts, but since most people attach a physicality to masturbation, you can engage in thought about sex and avoid the physicality. That can be super hot.

I'm serious. I almost achieved orgasm once just by thinking.

#122 Pret Allez, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Didn't we have a thread on orgasms by thinking a couple weeks ago?

4. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same. I guess. Although, I've never actually had an orgasm, so who knows what it really was.

I think it's time I high-tailed it out of here, but it was nice talking about jerking off with you guys. Lmao.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We might have. However, we talk about butt sex all the time, so we might as well talk about orgasm from thought alone all the time... :kiss:

6. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Not having to go wash my hands off afterwards? I don't know. Also if I resist the urge to it keeps me from craving a girlfriend.. If I occupy myself with things to do other then thinking about a woman touching me I think it helps me stay sane :slight_smile: I really just want to meet the girl of my dreams already!

The only thing is.. I couldn't give up masturbating because it's a huge stress reliever. But I could always just stick to nice hot bubble baths with wine and soft music instead. I apologise if this was too much information! But hey, you asked!

#126 ChloeKiss, Jun 19, 2014
  7. Foxface

I was a teenager when I want on my dry spells...and a couple as an adult

....and when I did I noticed I was insanely focused. Being back in grad school maybe I should stop again

and yeah I agree people do it for reasons other than horniness

boredom, to sleep...blah blah

hell we all know what's going on!

#127 Foxface, Jun 19, 2014
  8. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't really know why it could be beneficial. But during times like this when I'm in the middle of a depression wave I can't even...you know make the little guy move (because really, I don't even want to). I'm just that much affected by my emotions and mood, which could be best described with a sine function. Like seriously, sometimes I stop for a second and think, oh should I do that, or just something else...meh I'll be just lying to myself again if I do it, I'll never experience this with a loving person so it's stupid and pointless and stupid and pointless.

#128 Brandiac, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
  9. Foxface

admittedly...some anti-depressants can cause that too...obviously I don't know you and I won't make a judgment on you but sadly both depression and SSRI/SNRI and others can lower drive

10. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, I'm not on any meds. I also don't have time or money to go and see a professional about my mood swings. A period takes about 2 months (so I'm happy for a while then depressed again)

It's probably part of coping, my avoidance of failure and disappointment. My brain is just simply trying to protect me from those by not even letting me do things that are remotely associated with the things I can't do, or have.

11. robotman

I don't think there are any... In fact I think it is bad if you don't do it. I read somewhere that people who masturbate frequently (like 3 times a week) are like 40% less likely to develop prostate cancer than people who don't masturbate or masturbate less. It could just be some random rubbish that I read though, that said I really cannot see any benefits of not masturbating.

I mean if you don't masturbate for a while you will probably have a wet dream lol...

12. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's odd. I find that the more fulfilling my maturbating is, and the better my sex life is, the more energy I have, and the greater my creativity. Without enough sexual release, I (and many people) tend to become up-tight, unfocused, agitated, and unable to focus as well. I write more and better poetry, and my work performance improves.

In my mind, it is generally not healthy to see sexual sensation as something bad; it's like seeing yourself as bad.

I also find it a way to exercise the imagination, as I can picture an infinite variety of things that would never happen IRL.

I really do not understand the desire/need so many people here have to denigrate it, when it's something people seem to feel guilty enough about already. I understand that if you feel it helps you not to, fine, but there's not one iota of scientific proof to back these claims up.

Further, it just seems odd to me that on a thread dedicated to helping people come out of the closet, and feel better about their modes of sexual expression, that there is such a rancour surrounding the so-called benefits of not masturbating.

#132 HuskyPup, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  13. Hexagon

There are benefits of not masturbating?

14. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

When someone catches you not masturbating, it's not very embarrassing.

15. Hexagon

:lol:

16. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So it's not just me??? I can't do it at night or I can't sleep. It also helps if I'm sleepy in the day or can't focus, or feeling low...basically a bunch of those reasons for not mastubating, I find get improved if I do!!

I was starting to think there was something wrong with me!!

17. Foxface

admittedly I am not sure if anything past the first few sentences were aimed at me so if they were ignore this

I am not saying it's bad or denigrating it whatsoever. I am giving my own personal experiences with dry spells.

At no point did I tell anyone not to. In fact I still do. Like I said I was just giving out my personal experiences and those experiences were a light of intensity and focus when I was on dry spells

so again...I did not say not to. Just personal things

18. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, they were just general musings, brought to mind by the post and others before it, and nothing personal :slight_smile:

My main point was how the notion came along that masturbating somehow drains one of energy, physical or mental. The idea was popular in the Victorian era, and seems to somehow persist: I've seen it in terms of soldiers, athletes, past and present, and was wondering how such a notion, wholly unsupported by fact, persist to such an extent. My concern was that there's already enough guilt about sex, without trying to compile lists of how masturbation is bad for you. I think the guilt people suffer over it about it causes far more problems. I'd like to hear somebody weigh in with some peer reviewed studies, to help clarify.

19. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wait, maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but this is a thread on the so-called benefits of not masturbating and not a thread on helping people coming out of the closet?

20. fortheloveoflez

The only benefit that I can really think of...is not having to deal with the awkwardness that comes when a family member or random person barges in on your "happy time"