1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being trolled about your gender

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tre, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Tre

Tre

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I’m a cis female and it’s pretty obvious. I wear makeup and female clothes and do not identify as genderqueer. I am experimenting with short hair. Ever since I’ve had short hair people on certain sites when they see my photo ask me what gender I am or ask me how much genders there are. I think they believe I identify as genderqueer and are pissing me off.

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tre....Hello! Is your hair as short as the woman in your avatar? If it is I can see why you might get asked that. No offense meant! Today more and more people are becoming aware that always assuming someone's gender when there is doubt is wrong. I've seen a lot of posts about that. Often the advice is...if you not sure about someone's gender just ask politely how the person would like to be addressed. If that's the case then those people are being polite and want to treat you properly. If your hair isn't that short and it's say a "Pixie-type" cut and you're still getting questions...then I don't know...especially if you dress quite feminine. Perhaps ask someone who says that why they thought your might be genderqueer? Hope you can figure this out.
    ....David :gay_pride_flag: