1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

being open about your sexuality?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MerBear, Aug 27, 2013.

1. MerBear

Okay so i'm finally out to all my friends and most of my family except my grandmother
    (im assuming) but I can't be open about it ...I mean, there will be times where I want to talk to someone about a girl who I think is really attractive or talk about how I wish i had a girlfriend or how i hope to find a girl and just be open about my sexuality but I can't.

Today, my friends were talking about how all these hot guys and I couldn't relate obviously but there were time where I wanted to talk about what girl, i thought was cute and I couldn't do that.

The only thing, I can hope for is to have someone watch me staring at a girl.
    i don't know how to be open about my sexuality ....I mean, i'm still struggling to accept it.
    I'm not trying to force myself to talk about it with people but I mean, I don't know..

I kind of feel like, i'm still in the closet a bit, i don't feel ....however people feel when they come out ....

I'm not trying to flaunt it but i just want to be able to talk about girls, i like to my friends and other stuff but I can't, i feel so restricted...

everyone knows but I feel more restricted than i did before

2. biggayguy

3. MerBear

its me hahaha

and well, I don't have many lesbian bisexual friends and the only lesbian or bisexual friend, i have is katie who doesn't even talk to me much

Most of my friends are straight..

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand how you feel because I feel the same way, but I don't want it to seem like I'm flaunting my sexuality either. It's a good thing that I have an awesome brother and male friend who likes women too. We joke and check out women together and it makes me feel closer to them. We've always had a close relationship, but it took a while for me to feel comfortable talking about women around them.

I also have a bisexual friend who I can talk to, which is great; however, I wish I could talk to my sisters about women. I think one of my sisters would freak out and my other sister would just end up being a great listener. So, I understand how it sucks not being able to talk to certain people about how you feel. Perhaps, you could find people to befriend who are LGBT and that way you will feel more comfortable talking about women.

5. MerBear

i'll try but I can't really tell who is LGBT ..i mean we have a gay-straight alliance club but barely nobody is in it.

my friend carley is bisexual and katie is lesbian but they dont want to have anything to do with me. Most LGBT people, i know...don't like me that much

6. crickett

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am not trying to tell you what to do or not. However, you may want to try to go to "Meet-Ups" in your area. These are gatherings of like minded people on a variety of subjects. This can be anything from knitting to LGBT social activities. If you do not have an account, you might sign up - it's FREE! This way you may meet those that you are seeking.

7. MerBear

I'll try that....But i have to have someone drive me there and even though, im out to my dad...im way too scared to ask him.