1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been wanting to dye my hair

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gaypjo, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Gaypjo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I’ve been wanting to dye my hair a bit for a while or just bleach it. Now I’m too lazy to get it done however I was curious abt ppls opinions on color. I wanted to maybe get the top dyed silver and leave the sides and back alone. Or maybe just bleach it all or bleach just the top. Kinda undecided. Hence why I am here asking. Also debating if I should talk to my mom abt getting it done somewhere or just doing it myself with friends. I’m a 19 year old gay boy and I’ve always wanted to dye my hair.. hoping to do it before I hit my twenties

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you want a solid color then doing it yourself or just having a friend do it should be fine. If you want two tone or part to stay natural and other parts another color or bleached it will be better to have a professional do it or at least someone with a lot of experience and definitely easier for someone else to do it other than you. Bleaching can really harm the hair or even burn your scalp if you are not careful, dye can also cause harm if not done correctly follow the instructions carefully if you do it yourself or have a friend do it.

As far as color, go wild you are young and you only live once and if you do not like it hair grows back anyway.

3. Loves books

If you’re going for a solid color and no bleach I’d do it yourself it’s hard to mess that up. If you want to try bleaching your hair go to a professional it’s easy to mess up and very difficult to fix.

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Gaypjo.....You didn't say what color your hair is now. If your hair is dark, I think that coloring it silver/white looks really good. If you're blond then a brighter color would look great!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: