1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Becoming happier with myself

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anonmember, Mar 7, 2020.

1. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I watched the video Prayers For Bobby as Chip suggested. I think Christianity is the right religion for me, but I'm starting to slowly become open to the possibility that you can engage in homosexuality and be Christian. I talked with my gay therapist and he told me I was being very inauthentic which is what my parents and others on here have said too. He encouraged me to look at resources.

I am going to look at other resources too.

I haven't quite figured it out yet. I am still open to both the possibility that you can be a practicing homosexual Christian, but I'm also open to the possibility that you can NOT be one.

I will not take your guys's word for whether you can be a practicing gay Christian or not. I am going to have to do some studying and searching around rather than trusting random forum strangers.

I also am a 20 year old college student (not naming the college for privacy reasons) involved in a lot of clubs on campus and I have autism and I'm involved in Special Olympics basketball so being involved makes me happier.

My college is really accepting of LGBT people and they have a GSA, so I can always go if I feel up to it. I did my research just to make sure they were LGBT friendly.

Just because a school has a GSA or LGBT resources doesn't necessarily mean they are the most LGBT friendly, contrary to popular belief, so research is always good.

I used to absolutely believe I couldn't be a practicing homosexual Christian, but now I'm at least open to multiple possibilities.

If anyone can give me extensive study resources, that would be great!

Wish me luck!

#1 anonmember, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best I know of is Matthew Vines' book "God and the Gay Christian". He also has a number of videos on Youtube. He's a well researched scholar on Biblical perspectives on gay people, and has changed a lot of minds among church leadership. "For The Bible Tells Me So" is another documentary I'd recommend. And as far as affirming Christian churches... I don't know if there's an MCC church anywhere near you, but they are an LGBT Christian church, so completely open and welcoming. And depending on the part of the country, many Presbyterian churches are very welcoming to LGBT people.

3. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I, myself, am a Christian, though I don't regularly attend church, I do believe in the teachings of the Bible. I believe in a loving God that made us the way we are. It's mostly the Catholic Church that is anti-LGBT, but since it's the #1 branch of Christianity, everybody thinks that as Catholics go, so does Christianity. There are other branches that are more accepting. I am currently wearing a rainbow-pride wristband from the Episcopal Church that says "God Loves You [No Exceptions]". I also attend a trans+ support group that meets in a rented room at a Presbyterian Church. Then there are also non-denominational Christian churches that are accepting of people like us. The bottom line is that you look in your heart and believe what you feel is true.

4. aemyj

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was raised Christian and was always made to feel like my sexuality was wrong and condemned, however, I was also always told that everyone's relationship with God is individual and however you feel personally is absolutely okay and no one has a right to tell you otherwise. I ultimately found that religion was not right for me but the spiritual side of things still holds high importance in my life. I hope you are okay and managing all of these factors at the same time is so so difficult. especially when sexuality and religion both hold such high importance in peoples lives. My only comment would be live for yourself and do what feels right for you because no one can tell you otherwise :slight_smile: I cant give studies but I can offer personal experience and support if you need it.