1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beach Rats

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ECMember, Mar 17, 2018.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Had anyone seen this movie? It's an indie LGBT film. I saw a post about it last summer on my FB feed. I saw it on the indie film list this week on Hulu and watched it last night.

The film is about a high school guy named Frankie and his struggle with defining his own sexuality. He has a relationship with a girl and has hook ups with older men he meets over the Internet. Plus on top of that he has a substance abuse problem with opioids and is a dealer and appears to have his own mini street gang.

I wish the movie explained Frankie's interest in older men, not with at least having a hook up with guys near his own age. I think he had some father issues or something, his dad did die within the first hour of the movie. No explanation about his relationship who his dad, that's my theory.

No explanation of the cause of his substance abuse problem, though it could stem from the death of his dad.

The movie was mostly centered on Frankie and his gang and his girlfriend and older men hook ups were secondary characters