1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bathrooms and not passing

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DarkWolf, Mar 16, 2015.

1. DarkWolf

Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't used a women's or men's restroom in several months because I never know what to do. In my head I feel wrong going into the women's restroom and not to mention it be super uncomfortable. But I feel I couldn't go into the men's restroom because I have never passed once and fear of harassment because of that. I'm not sure what to do.

2. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry so much about the men's. Either you're seen as one of the boys, or you're seen as a woman, and it'll be assumed the ladies room was busy. Either way, no big deal. Guys are used to women using the men's room when the ladies' is busy.

Note that the last bit doesn't apply at sports events, or of there's a long line.

3. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree with her. Never had a problem with anybody, I just go, use it and leave. Been using the men's since I'm a teenager, and even when I had long hair.

Avoid them at bars if you are not passing, for safety reasons.

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't had a problem either and I've been using the men's room since I was pre-t. Guys generally keep to themselves and won't pay attention to you.

5. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What the others said. If you get any harrassment you could report them, though most people wouldn't care.

6. GayJay

Yeah im pretty confident you'll be fine
    I think the main thing is not to draw attention to yourself, men generally wont care even of they think you are a girl.
    But if you look nervous they will wonder why your nervous, like your only going to pee

Even at bars I've never had a problem with mens but have with womens. To a point I've been dragged out by security, it was awkward at. Should have just used the mens, but I wernt our and there was np guy friends wwith me just a group of lads doing drugs in the loos.
    A girl goes in the men's, fine. A guy goes in the womens, not that is not accepted.
    Only problem I've had at bars is mens cubicles don't tend to have locks

#6 GayJay, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015