1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bam!!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Forlong, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Forlong

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you ever had a instant crush on someone. Even you know nothing about them you can see yourself being in a relationship with them. I’ve had those in my teens but as an adult nope. I kinda met a woman in passing, we said hi to each other that’s it. I see her now at least twice a week when our paths cross. I’m major crushing on her so bad I feel like a teenager. I would never step out of my marriage by cheating let me make that clear. But seeing this woman sorta makes me feel sad that I can’t really talk to her not even as a friend. I would never cheat but I don’t feel comfortable trying to initiate a friendship. I wouldn’t want to lead her on or develop feelings for her when I can’t act on it. I just feel really silly getting work up over someone I barely know :frowning2:

2. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only once in my adult life. I married him. We've been together over twenty years at this point.

3. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I have had this happen once before. I thought falling for someone right away wasn't a real thing. It was a very rude awakening to learn that the feelings aren't voluntary and they can hit really hard. When it doesn't work out it's devastating. My hope is that someday I find someone I feel that chemistry with who actually likes me back. As of yet, I haven't met anyone else that pulls me in so completely.

Forlong likes this.
  4. Forlong

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @alwaysforever i didn’t even have that instant spark with my husband. Makes me wonder :slight_smile:

5. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is nothing wrong with working hard and cultivating a relationship to make love grow. That spark though? It makes a really big difference.

Forlong likes this.
  6. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last time I felt this way about someone, I made lots of hints that I was interested before finally telling him outright that I liked him, and he shrugged me off and ignored me. What a cunt.

Not had any major crushes on anyone else since.

7. Forlong

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @Nice Dave sorry you rejected like that, it sucks :frowning2:

8. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I came out to my wife, I intended to stay with her and play the husband for another 5 years, till our youngest was out of high school. But 4 months later a guy joined EC, and even from the first couple posts, I felt that there was something very special about him. Definite instant crush. He went for the full membership as quickly as possible; we met in person the day after he came out to his wife and bonded so instantly that all my plans changed, because we knew this was something we'd be crazy to ignore. Getting close to 5 years since those first posts, and we're still together and still love each other like crazy. I'm very glad I didn't ignore that crush!

9. Forlong

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @Choirboy thats amazing and romantic so happy for you. I would have so scared to meet someone and but building a friendship I’d like that.

10. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Truth be told @Beebee80 I'm not normally an impulsive guy. More often than not, the burger is cold by the time I decide on ketchup or mustard. But there was something very different when we met, almost like destiny, which is a word I hate and rarely ever use! It was one of few, if any, situations in life where I felt that I'd feel genuine regret if I didn't go with it and see what happened. I'm still kind of amazed actually.

11. Forlong

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @Choirboy I’m still married so anything other than a friendship is impossible. But your story gives me hope for the future :slight_smile:.

Choirboy likes this.
  12. Elle993

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This happened to me twice in the last year. The first one was what helped me realize and remember that I am attracted to women. I was checking out at Whole Foods and I looked up at my cashier to say hi and the instant we made eye contact she smiled at me it sent butterflies and I was thrown off completely. After that I kept looking for her when I would shop there and when I saw her, instant butterflies and crazy nerves and trying to check out in her line... I only saw her a few times and then never again. The 2nd one was a few moths ago when I went to the Dominican for vacation and she was at the same resort.... major crush and same as the other one I would look around to see if she was nearby and couldn’t stop checking her out. We were both at the club one night and I wanted to dance with her but... I was there with my husband.

Forlong likes this.
  13. Forlong

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @Elle993 were you nervous about your husband noticing you checking her out ? I have been like on edge ever since I saw her can’t get her off my mind. She so beautiful and has kind eyes I’m just beside myself. I don’t see her a lot but she lives in the town I work so I see her at least once a week. I look at my husband and wonder why he doesn’t notice the difference in me. I know I probably getting to caught up in this crush but I can’t help I just want to talk to her so bad it’s driving me mad.

Elle993 likes this.
  14. Elle993

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    @Beebee80 i wasn’t nervous at the pool because it was crowded and she was always further away and I had sunglasses :slight_smile: but at the club I was nervous because I felt myself slowly moving closer to her on the dance floor... she was dancing with 2 or 3 girlfriends and I was with a group of friends including my husband so in my mind it felt natural to end up near her but I also felt like it was so obvious. It was so intense I remember waking up one morning from having a sex dream about her. She was hot and just had this confident energy about her... and I got the vibe that she might be gay but it might have been wishful thinking.

Forlong likes this.
  15. Elle993

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    @Beebee80 You mentioned saying hi to her but donyou ever talk to her or just in a situation where you happen to walk by her.

16. Forlong

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @Elle993 I’ve talked to her a couple times once to ask a question and another time to just saying good morning. Once she was approaching me and I got nervous so left before she reached me. I want to engage in a conversation but am terrified she might not like me or found out I’m married and think I’m a horrible person or something.

17. Forlong

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @Elle993 we only have a limited time where we are in the same place at the same time. I don’t know much about her to know where else I might run into her.

18. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It wasn't even a rejection. I can handle rejection. He just ignored me. I hear people talking about being "friendzoned" by people they've had crushes on, and I would have gladly been just friends with him, but he wouldn't even accept or acknowledge my friendship. Twat.

19. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes. In real life and fantasy. I've crushed on a bunch of people. I saw a girl recently at my school and I thought she was so cute. I tried to hit on her thinking she was gay, but sadly was met with confusion. Oh well. She was so cute. I also had a huge crush on the RA at the school I'm transferring too. She had this fantastic energy and cute hair. So I relate.

Forlong likes this.
  20. Elle993

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I do not think there is any harm in talking with her and potentially being friends. I’m not sure of the setting you are seeing her in and how natural it is to approach her or if you have to go out of your way to talk with her but if the opportunity is there to chat then I think it’s ok. I do not think talking to someone you are attracted to is going against your marriage.

Forlong likes this.