1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back tracking with mental disorders

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cow, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Cow

Cow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Have you ever felt like yoy had conquered your mental disorder only to suddenly, and seemingly out of no where, it springs back up on you?

If so, like, how did you get over that? For me, a big factor is time.

Not saying time helps me get over it, it's how long something has gone on that puts me in disbelief that it's finally over.

It's more or less the whole...having anxiety about not having anxiety.

Can anyone relate to that?

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I probably can't relate to this exactly, but I personally only experience depression and some anxiety symptoms sporadically.

So then, it's like when I'm experiencing it I can't remember not experiencing it and I feel like it won't get better. Then when it does get better and I feel fine, I feel like it's not a problem and I can't remember what it was like to feel that way, until the next time comes. So I guess kind of getting caught off guard.

3. SpaceOddity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh it happens to me all the time. I'm stuck in a rut right now. My mania springs up out of no where and I can stay awake for 4-7 days at a time. But right now my depression and my new epilepsy medication isn't agreeing with my body and I've been sleeping 18 hours a day. I can hardly function. I kind of just wait it out because I know from past experience it just passes by and I eventually stabilize.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I'm diagnosed with bipolar, and when I'm up I feel like the world is mine and I'm okay now, only to later dip back down. Those are the times I feel like I've beat my mental stuff, I guess (now I'm on meds and basically don't have those times anymore, so yeah).

5. Izzy H

I have a issue kinda simular to that. Just a bit worse. I best said disorder when BAM! another shows up! Then that causes me to slip up, and the prevously bested disorder grows outta control.
    Example: Bested my ADHD, diagnosed with MDD. Then DID, then OCD, than PTSD, than SAD, and to top that shit hill with a cheery, anxitey. So, youre not alone on that, trust me...

6. toska

toska Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have a lot of problems with this. I've got depression, like 3 anxiety disorders, ocd, and adhd. Just when I think I've gotten over a depressive episode, it comes back even harder. I've been on meds for a while, but idk if they're really helping :/

7. thepandaboss

Yeah... Even with therapy, support resources and stuff, PTSD isn't always a linear process... You have good days and then you have days where you're too paranoid and afraid to leave the house and even go somewhere familiar.

8. Plattyrex

You can't actually fix them. All they do is put you on stupid medicine that takes away your feelings.

9. thepandaboss

Look, there's nothing wrong with medication for the most part. Some people really can't function without it. Just like with any other physical condition.

Unfortunately, one of my conditions is something that's kind of hard to medicate (but there's psych meds to treat symptoms of it- like some people with PTSD might go on an anti-anxiety med to manage panics and anxiety that kind of go hand in hand with it).

10. Plattyrex

I guess. I just hate my medicine so much.

11. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have seasonal depression and anxiety that kicks back up every winter and spring, so it has always been a continual process of figuring out what to do with my mental health, especially once I think I finally have it all figured out during the summer and fall only to have a lapse in winter. I'm hoping that now I have a psychiatrist and am on a regimen that worked for me after a particularly rough patch this winter that I may have my condition under control.

12. SpaceOddity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then you're on the wrong medication. You need to be on medication that makes you (!)

13. Plattyrex

That's what I told my doctor, but he doesn't care. He says it "clams me down".

14. thepandaboss

New doctor for sure. Your doctor should be willing to help. (*hug*)