1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

back pain/palpitations

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ECMember, Apr 16, 2018.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Since about mid March, I have been having some back pain that appears situated on my cervical(neck area) and thoratic area(chest area) of my back/spinal area. I feel the radiating from the cervical to thoratic area. And sometimes it radiates to my chest and sternum area. And feel palpitations but the heart rate is usally normal at times. Though sometimes I get a tachycardia at night sometimes.

I think the pain started sometime when I participated in a spring break trip volunterring a church when I had bent down pulling weeds, moving large paper bags filled with weeds, and bending down to paint, etc. Either that time or maybe that time made previous pain worse.

The current Rxs I take are Celexa 20mg(depression) and Gabapentin(300mg/1-2x day for anxiety). I do know that Gabapentin is used for nerve pain/general pain but so far this back pain doesn't go away. At my next follow up with my PCP doc I'm going to bring it up with him.

2. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds serious. Call your doctor, don't wait for the follow-up. If the doctor then says it can wait for the follow up, fine.

3. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

I'm thinking I have non-cardiac chest pain related to stress or GERD. I looked it up online. At first I thought I had some heart infection but I haven't had a major illness recently except a nasal congestion/mild sore throat but that cleared up.

4. Miss Kitty

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Palpitations and chest pain certainly have causes other than heart issues, but it's not something I would encourage anyone to assume. Please do make an early appointment with your doctor.

5. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I sent a secure message to my MD last night. Hopefully I can get an apt this week to see him.

Miss Kitty likes this.