1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back after a year and allot has changed

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Almost Canadian, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Almost Canadian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I made an account on this site a little over a year ago.
    I stopped posting shortly after because I essentially didn't have any more questions past the few that I had already posted.
    I did however save my access information for this account for later on in case I needed it.
    And I'm pretty sure I need it now.

Allot has changed ever since then.
    Last time I was here, I believe I said I was bisexual and didn't really say too much beyond that.
    Now, I've come to the conclusion, through analysis of my past, that I've never had any romantic thoughts for the opposite sex.
    I cannot recall one moment where I honestly fantasized about being in a straight relationship.
    The way I used to interpret this when I was younger was that I'm just someone who doesn't mind being a single virgin.
    As of now though, I pretty much just think I'm gay.
    Just the thought of being in a relationship with another guy is something I genuinely want for myself.
    However, I'm kind of in a tight spot.
    I'm still very much in the closet about my sexuality, and I wouldn't know really how to go about getting a boyfriend.
    Not to mention I'm only 19, and still live with my parents who would be shocked and disappointed if they knew about my sexuality.
    I really wouldn't want to put up with what they would have to say.
    So I'm kind of stuck in between keeping sexuality a secret and getting a boyfriend.
    There's also the question of how to get a boyfriend in this day and age as well.
    Since I've never really been in a relationship with anyone because I never entertained the idea to begin with, I'm completely inexperienced in every way.
    I like a good challenge.
    And overcoming something like this would be no small feat.

So I'm back, and I could use some advice.
    Thanks for reading.

2. suzu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello Doom Pic.
    I can relate to what you're saying and I'm sure a lot of others can as well. Living at home I've kept relationships secret by passing off male partners as friends. I've found it harder to meet people after leaving school since you're kind of no longer forced to make friends. You can try finding people online and/or by using dating apps, but be responsible. There may be some with some level of anonymity out there and not everyone uses full names/face pics anyway. Is there any LGBT society at your college or in your city? There isn't really where I am but my friends are all queer themselves so if I want I have connections to people and some form of community through them. If you know anyone else who isn't straight maybe see if they know anything that could help you. You could even meet LGBT people at work (though I work with a lot of old married heteros lol). I make it sound like some sort of secret society which it's not but it can sometimes feel like that. And as for not being out, you can still meet people, I only let people know if either I'm interested in them, they're out to me, or they indicate that they're accepting.
    Anyway I know you're eager but don't worry - whether you're gay or straight you never know when you might meet someone. I feel like I've been no help whatsoever haha.

#2 suzu, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017