1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkward dating (I suck at it) / Opposites attract!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Emmanuella, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Emmanuella

So, I met a girl online back in January or February. We went out a handful of times...maybe 7 or 8 times. Never flirted or kissed or anything. Do those still count as dates really?!

Fast forward, earlier this fall (or maybe late summer) I met another girl on a dating site online. We've been out a couple of times, but the situation is the same. The thing is, (I mean aside from the fact that we met on a dating site) I have no indication that this girl is gay or bi. At this point, I don't even know how to bring it up?

Now, I'm meeting the first girl again today for supper, after not seeing her for over a month or 2. I enjoy my time with her, but we don't have a whole lot in common.
    I have a TON in common with the second girl, and am slightly more attracted to her...but I haven't had a *spark* with either of them. I can't say there is a strong attraction or chemistry either way. I now I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what.

*help* :icon_redf :icon_redf

2. Lyana

Hey, Emmanuella.

First off, there's nothing "wrong" with you if you don't feel attracted to these girls. You've been on dates with two girls you met online: it's perfectly normal if there's no chemistry. Sometimes dates don't lead to anything romantic; doesn't mean they failed. It sounds like you're not very into the girl you've seen "7 or 8 times." If that's the case, then why would you kiss or flirt?

Your only problem, really, is that these women and you are not being clear enough on what you want. If an outing is a date, it's often obvious either from the way the invitation was phrased, or from how you two act during it. It seems like you are behaving as if you are just "hanging out," and yet you call these "dates."

If you want things to go further, then tell them. Or start flirting, gauge their reaction, and ask them out on a "real" date: one where there's no doubt possible that it is, in fact, a date.
    In your case, though, maybe you should just wait until you meet someone you're really attracted to.