1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avengers Endgame

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Loves books, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Loves books

Without giving spoilers, thoughts? Personally I loved it but didn’t like some parts. Like the fact it’s three hours long.Theres also a plot hole I see but there’s still some movies to come. I would have liked a villain who wasn’t just a giant purple narcissistic megalomaniac.I love all the kick ass powerful women from several different movies being in these movies. Get rid of all the guys and give us an all women avengers. You got to love a movie who takes almost all the superhero women you had a crush on and sticks them in a movie together. But besides they are there, the movie was male centric. I get that the original avengers are mostly male and the only woman you really can count as an avenger is 100% human Black Widow. Not that a red headed Scarlett Johansson wasn’t gorgeous ( I don’t like the blonde) but the world needs more women heroes. Also the MCU screwed her over. She only has bit parts in men’s movies that have her looks as her biggest asset. The majority of the characters in the MCU need quality time with a shrink. Some storylines weren’t finished but that’s because they haven’t had three movies. We all know Spidey has another movie coming up. I’m hoping for a Captain Marvel sequel. Will the MCU ever end? Will I be 50 years in the future watching a movie with brand new (or old) superheroes telling my grandkids about seeing the first movie that started the whole thing. Didn’t find out until this minute it’s released a day later in the US.

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do I put this...

It was everything I wanted and several things I didn't know I needed. It was three hours but at no point did I feel like it was dragging or a scene could've been left on the cutting room floor. If I didn't come out of it with a migraine from crying for three hours, my wife and I would've turned around and went to the next showing (we saw it at seven on Thursday). I have every intention of going to see it again in theaters within the next week and then probably again after that.

Was it perfect? No. There are some problematic jokes and a misguided attempt at representation and I have a personal issue with one bit of the ending that may or may not be resolved in a Disney+ TV show depending on how it's handled. But did I literally cheer and sob with joy watching it? Yes. God, yes.

Will the MCU ever end? Probably someday, but there are so many characters that we can have before then, especially now that all of Fox's characters are now on the table.

3. PurpleDude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Epic. Brilliant. Funny. Touching.

the only thing I didn't like: no end credits scene, after sitting through at least 15 minutes of credits.