1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Clinker, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Clinker

Clinker Guest

probably a bit of a daft question with an obvious answer, but why do profile pics have to be approved by mods/admins before setting them?
    I understand its likely an anti spam/appropriate content check, it just seems like a slow method when experimenting with new icons.
    Though i must say i like the new overall layout

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is, as you said, designed to stop either advertisers and spambots uploading inappropriate content to the server, or members displaying explicit sexual imagery which would otherwise need to have been spotted and removed by a staff member under EC classic. Fortunately, we were quite proactive addressing this on the old site, but this will ensure we can maintain this more efficiently.

I appreciate that this can slow down a member's ability to change avatars, but behind the scenes we have significantly rejigged the reviewing process for queued content. Previously, the display lumped every bit of content together within the notifications tab, whereas we are now able to see what different areas of the site are in the queue. That has meant we are able to review content extremely quickly, and it takes very little time for us to check whether imagery is inappropriate. There'll be a short delay, but nobody should find that it's taking quite a while to do, unless they are unfortunate and upload when the staff team is offline (which is hopefully a rarity!).

It's a matter of simply pressing an approve or delete button, so we aren't anticipating any delays which would be unreasonable. :slight_smile:

3. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    On the same subject, I used to have an avatar but it's not showing in this version. It was one of the generic ones available from EC so my guess is those don't exist anymore and I'll have to provide an image if I want one now.

4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aye, unfortunately those generic vBulletin avatars will not have transferred over. :frowning2: Sorry about that!

5. Clinker

Clinker Guest

Ah, understandable . Thank you.

6. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh that's no problem at all, just wanted to verify my guess. Thanks for the speedy reply and again for all the work you all are putting into EC! Have a great day!