1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Attacks on trans people, "eradication of LGBT" in Aceh, Indonesia.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Kira, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes it totally baffles me!
    What is about some religious people that makes them so totally terrified of LGBT people?

3. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Disclaimer: I scanned the two articles but did not read them in micro detail.
    My thoughts. Theses incidences are not about fear of LGBT peoples (my theory) they are about power and control. And how does one assert power and control? Fear of not fitting in and intimidation. What tactics? Ignorance for one.

Ever observe a group of bullies? They rarely stand on their own, they need "the group" to bolster their stature. Usually but now always the case one or two members in the group of bullies will strike out at someone who is weak. This reinforces their dominance in the group. This model is pretty much what is happening here as mentioned in the articles.

Ah now inject religion and god is on my side. Basically a cult mentality. More power and control.

My take. The perpetrators are really weak, ignorant fools, who need this kind of thing to bolster their pathetic existence. The followers are basically incapable of thinking on their own.

4. nateo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aceh is (one of) the most religious island in Indonesia, and the only place in the country where sharia law is implemented. It's also kind of isolated, so my theory would go that the existence of LGBT people threatens their sense of security and the belief that they have a perfect little god-fearing island.