1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News At the Jan. 6 hearings, race isn't discussed much. Still, it's a central issue

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by mnguy, Aug 23, 2022.

1. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    https://www.npr.org/2022/08/23/1117993012/january-6th-hearings-race

Somewhat long but really scary stuff to be aware of in the US, our history and all the violence from some white people trying to maintain their power. This same issue of seeing others as less than and wanting to maintain control over them isn't new here and it includes all the hate against LGBTQ folks too. It's all so destructive, why does it continue?

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They've compared this period in our history to the McCarthy era witch hunts. That era came to a close. Maybe not fast enough. I believe this era will come to a close. This country has been changing for a long time and I don't understand why the rudder has swung so far in the other direction and so quickly. I think that media getting more powerful and people letting it think for them is a big part of the problem.