1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Asked" a guy I like out for dinner. Not sure if he's gay?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ScottDavid, Sep 19, 2018.

1. ScottDavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So after realizing I might like guys, I've been trying to explore things further but have not been successful. A couple days ago, I went to this networking event where I met this guy, Elio. I was sitting behind him where I noticed he was looking at me. I looked at his direction but not at him, and I noticed he was sizing me up. At this point I thought he was cute, so I started talking to him. We talked about work and school. While we were talking, I noticed he was mimicking my body language, and his pupils were bigger--could be because it was kinda dark. After the event ended, I offered to walk him down to the lobby. When we were parting, I said that "I hope to see you again" & he responded "yea messaged me if you ever wanna chat". Later on I Facebook stalked him (dont judge ) and discovered that he liked the LGBTQ@Facebook page on Facebook. His sister looked gay, so I think maybe he could just be an ally (so not relevant. Sorry)? I later messaged him to see if he wanted to go out for food with me. He suggested that "it'd be nice" and "that sounds fun". He also asked what my availability was for the week. By the way, I suggested that we go to this really fancy and nice restaurant (I enjoy good food). And I plan to pick up the tab, not because I want to get with him (lol), but because I was the one who "asked" him out. Do you guys think that appropriate? Considering we did not officially say this was a date, and that his sexuality is up in the air. We later exchanged number, and he texted me to which I replied "Looking forward to seeing you again on Monday!". I did not receive a reply (lol). What should I do? At this point, I'd like a new friend. I, however, would also like something more with this guy. Should I keep hanging out with him? Or should I ask him if he's gay or bi? What should I do guys?

Maddox232003 likes this.
  2. BiGoth1982

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He sounds pretty queer to me.
    When are you guys supposed to go out for dinner? I think it should be easy to figure out if he's gay or bi even without asking directly while you're having dinner with him.

Maddox232003 and Love4Ever like this.
  3. ScottDavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    we're going out on Friday. Two days from now. And how can I know if he's gay or bi? That sounds interesting

Maddox232003 likes this.
  4. BiGoth1982

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To me, the fact that he gave you his information and that you're going out, etc, is already a bit of an indication, though it could also be just friendship.

When you're with him, you should be able to tell if he's looking at women more or men more or both. Men are visual, as you know, and their eyes always wander. The trick is to notice where his eyes wander the most.

Then, he might give you pointers like talk about his past relationships, or places he might like that might be LGBT friendly.

If you're friends with him on Facebook, you can always bring up the fact that you saw that he liked the LGBT page and see what he says.

Or you can bring up some current LGBT issue and see what he has to say about that.

And well, if he's into you, he'll definitely be flirting with you, so then you can definitely tell.

I'm not a man so I cannot tell you 100%, but those would be my pointers.

#4 BiGoth1982, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    Maddox232003 and Love4Ever like this.
  5. Maddox232003

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well from all the signs you have said it felt like he is 100% into you but well lets just say 90 percent for now since you just met him. I recommend you to start slow first but shows signs and hints and if he IS a gay he will def pursue tho some might not. Unless you can be certain 100% that he is gay. Go ahead. You might need to take the leap. For now just start slow and notice everything he do, tho don't be obvious. You could be obvious on him about stares and other stuff too. Make hints but dont make too much or it will just be downright creepy. Update us if anything bothers you! We will be here to help!

BiGoth1982 likes this.
  6. ScottDavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was talking to him, I was definitely flirting with him. I’m not sure if he picked up on my flirting tho. I think I’ll just continue to flirt and see how things go with this guy.

Maddox232003 and BiGoth1982 like this.
  7. BiGoth1982

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Really excited for you though. I think it sounds like a start to something good. :slight_smile:

8. ScottDavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you! If things go well tomorrow, I might just ask him out lol. Will keep y’all updated.

BiGoth1982 and Maddox232003 like this.
  9. Maddox232003

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    *sips water*

BiGoth1982 likes this.
  10. ScottDavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL I think I’ll flirt and maybe casually mention I’m bi? In case he doesn’t pick up my flirting. But will for sure keep y’all updated

Maddox232003 and BiGoth1982 like this.
  11. Maddox232003

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hooo! Mention Bi... Could be a risky move but sure go ahead.