1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asexual Gay Trans Man: Dating Help

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Darragh G, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Darragh G

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, I'm 17 and identify as an asexual gay trans man. I am not out to anyone yet but am concerned about coming out and finding relationships because of my current friend group. I am friends with a variety of people but mainly gay men. They see my identity as female and so have no problem with me, however my experience with them and trans men has been more than negative. They all agree that trans men aren't 'real' men and therefore they wouldn't date or sleep with them. Now, I know I am not out and so I shouldn't be worrying about relationships (as I don't want to date till I am in a good place to do so) but I am just concerned that this is this a wide consensus amongst gay men? When I am out I don't intend to have surgery or transition because I don't feel dysphoria. I am also fully aware that the gay world is majorly hypersexualised and am concerned being asexual will severely affect my chances. If any gay men could offer their opinions that would be really helpful, thanks XOXO